+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree664Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3273628;
    My simple pleasure is listening to music, singing, and dancing! I think your daughter and I would get along famously!

(And if you daughter takes requests, get her ready for Three Dog Night's Joy to the World!........."Jeremiah was a bullfrog..." The only thing you have to do is find a line to substitute for the "wine" lines!)
    I absolutely loved that song as a kid, but I grew up with the "original" Hoyt Axton version. I actually have it on my iPod (although I rarely admit to that one ). Now I'll have to consider burning it to a CD for her - maybe I can convince her that they are really saying something like "lime" instead of "wine"!

For Christmas she got a CD player with two microphones that she can sing along on. She LOVES it!! I looked for something similar that we could just load up with digital music, but couldn't find anything comparable. Blank CDs are cheap enough that we can burn her music without being paranoid that the might eventually scratch up the CD!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 01-11-2009 at 05:08 PM.

I'm happy that all my laundry is done, folded, and put away!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3273896;
    For Christmas she got a CD player with two microphones that she can sing along on. She LOVES it!! I looked for something similar that we could just load up with digital music, but couldn't find anything comparable. Blank CDs are cheap enough that we can burn her music without being paranoid that the might eventually scratch up the CD!
    Several years ago, I bought a small friend of mine a "personalized cd" - it mentioned her name in every song. She loved that thing and it was a pretty big hit with her parents too because it wasn't annoying.

I don't remember where I bought it, but I did a quick search and it was a lot like the cds on this site: That's My Name! - Personalized Music CDs for Kids

You can type in your child's name and hear a preview of the music. I don't have kids, so I typed in my dog's name and he's been listening to "his" songs while I type this

My simple pleasure today was a long hot bubble bath with a cocktail and a new book. Either that or watching my dog listen to this hilarious "Henry" music.....
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Getting notification from my free public library when something I've had on request is ready to be picked up!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Holding my favorite kitty on my lap and listening to her "talk" in her sleep
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

We've adopted a lion style cat in our complex. She comes around and is so talkative it makes me laugh. She follows all of us around and is super friendly. She doesn't stay, but she comes daily and we all have water and food for her near the stairs.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Keeping that kitty theme - seeing my Tiny and Buddy asleep by the heater vent after a nice meal and a day outside. Mr. C has gone surfing for 10 days so the kits and I are here in our own world. I will enjoy this a great deal as long as Mr. C. comes home safely!

Read an interesting email from friend.

Hauling out the old snowblower, having it start, and getting most of the sidewalks cleared before it konked out and quit.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I got a letter from my aunt the other day. It wasn't a special letter, just thanking for her Christmas gift and, unfortunately, declining an invite to a party we're having. But just the fact that it was a real letter made it feel special. I like e-mail updates, but when I get a letter I feel that whoever wrote them has sat down and written a letter just for me, taken time just for me.

+ Reply to Thread