+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree643Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Getting together with family and relatives for a casual time and there's lots of smiles, stories, and hugs.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Going on a plane for the first time ever this coming Monday!! And going to Vegas for the first time ever!

Have a wonderful time, Canadian Angel! My first plane trip was at the age of 21. I flew to Oahu, Hawaii for a week on the beach. A good memory. Thanks for reminding me of it! I will be thinking of you and hope you have a great trip.

And for the rest of you who have posted recently, it is lovely to experience your simple pleasures through this thread. I have been working a little too hard lately so it has been a little difficult to savor the moment, but you are all inspiring me.

My simple pleasure is to see a blue sky today and temps in the 50's! And right now there is a beautiful full moon and stars visible in the night sky. There have been way too many clouds around here lately.
    Last edited by Cootie; 01-11-2009 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3271510;
    I know how to use the potato. I am wondering how you use a new bulb to unscrew the broken, old one.
    Sorry prhoshay, I looked back and realized that I completely misinterpreted your post!!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3273233;
    Going on a plane for the first time ever this coming Monday!! And going to Vegas for the first time ever!
    That is a big first - have a fantastic trip!!

My simple pleasure lately has been listening to my 4yo daughter spontaneously burst into song around the house and in the car. She is the youngest and the only girl. None of our boys were singers at her age so it is a delightful experience having her singing songs wherever we go. I will admit that it sometimes takes me a minute to figure out what song she is belting out!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3273350;
    My simple pleasure lately has been listening to my 4yo daughter spontaneously burst into song around the house and in the car. She is the youngest and the only girl. None of our boys were singers at her age so it is a delightful experience having her singing songs wherever we go. I will admit that it sometimes takes me a minute to figure out what song she is belting out!!
    I remember getting one of my girls a Fisher Price tape recorder with a microphone and she used to tape herself singing and play it back - too much fun. I kept a couple of those tapes. I should wrap them up and give them to her for her birthday. I think they make kiddie Karioke machines nowdays.
    Angel!!! Have fun!
    My simple pleasure today is that the snow I have to go out and shovel in a minute is light and fluffy and not hard slush and ice like we've been getting the last couple of storms.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3273414;
    I think they make kiddie Karioke machines nowdays.
    They do. We picked up a very inexpensive one at Target for my daughter's birthday and now she's a part time pop star.

I'm thankful for the cloud cover this morning. Without the sun streaming through the windows, my kids were tricked into thinking it was still "night time" and I got to sleep 45 minutes longer than usual the morning.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

MRD

Have fun CA. Sounds like a fabulous trip.

While we haven't had much sun, we have had a very unseasonably warm winter and for that I am thankful and it's also been a simple pleasure. I haven't had on a turtleneck or a sweater much at all, unlike the previous 2 winters here.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3273350;
    That is a big first - have a fantastic trip!!

My simple pleasure is listening to music, singing, and dancing! I think your daughter and I would get along famously!

(And if you daughter takes requests, get her ready for Three Dog Night's Joy to the World!........."Jeremiah was a bullfrog..." The only thing you have to do is find a line to substitute for the "wine" lines!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3273414;
    My simple pleasure today is that the snow I have to go out and shovel in a minute is light and fluffy and not hard slush and ice like we've been getting the last couple of storms.
    Ok, I'm taking my simple pleasure back. I don't care how light and fluffy it is, when there's 7 inches of it and you have a long driveway, it is still arduous. My new simple pleasure to replace it is that at least I had my iPod Shuffle to listen to to make the time go more quickly.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread