+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

My greatest simple pleasure this past year was to read all the posts: the serious ones and the silly ones. The one that pops into my head the most is the green speedo. I have a vision in my head that doesn't want to leave it. So, thanks for that simple pleasure!

MRD

Well if that's the vision that pops into your head, then you need a good exam.

Just kidding.

I echo what Famita said. Sometimes my simple pleasure is just reading all of your posts. This place keeps me sane.
    Well maybe saner than I was???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm going stir crazy today and touching base here grounds me. I just got done watching tv in the unheated room with outside temps below 0 with windchill, so my simple pleasure right this moment is my heating pad.
    Count your blessings!

So what thread-count is burlap?

The other day, after a few minutes of idle chit-chat in the grocery check-out line, the person with whom I was chatting complimented me on the way in which I speak
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Newf, I think burlap is about a negative 20 thread count!

Gut, we have the same cold temps and snow here. Brrrr. Is there anyway that you can buy more cable line and move the TV into a heated room? Or call the cable company and have them move the line?

My new sheets are on the bed and I will start off the new year in comfort (even though I had to take off the flannel sheets to do so. I love flannel sheets when the temps are so cold.)

Today, my simple pleasure is knowing that my son and daughter-in-law invited friends in for New Years Eve, and won't be out driving later. It's nice not having to worry about them!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3261160;
    So what thread-count is burlap?

The other day, after a few minutes of idle chit-chat in the grocery check-out line, the person with whom I was chatting complimented me on the way in which I speak
    Newf, I agree, it's a good feeling. I take a lot of pride in my vocabulary, though I think it doesn't always show through here.

Here's one for me: I've been planning to visit my sister at school this year, to see a basketball game in Cameron Indoor Stadium. Well! I booked my ticket today... $94! I was expecting to pay $200!! I was quite pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3261291;

Here's one for me: I've been planning to visit my sister at school this year, to see a basketball game in Cameron Indoor Stadium. Well! I booked my ticket today... $94! I was expecting to pay $200!! I was quite pleased.
    Have a great time Missy.....are they playing UConn?
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3261295;
    Have a great time Missy.....are they playing UConn?
    Thankfully they are not! I was raised a UConn fan and I still am. I've actually only been a Duke fan since 2005 when my sister was accepted! My dad has the hardest time rooting for Duke, but I can usually manage...

Fortunately they're playing Georgetown, which will be a good old nervewracking game, but an easy one to root for.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3261298;
    Thankfully they are not! I was raised a UConn fan and I still am. I've actually only been a Duke fan since 2005 when my sister was accepted!
    You can't be both Missy .....J/K have a great time
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread