+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree643Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

I went shopping this morning for some little treats and stocking stuffers for the boys and husband.
    I ended up getting something for myself too!
    I found a bottle of "sugar and spice" hand soap that smells like cinnamon and cloves!
    I put it right on the back of the kitchen sink and every time I wash my hands the smell makes me so darn happy.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Waking up this morning to blizzard like conditions, 7 inches of fresh snow and 30 mph winds..... and knowing that I don't have to go anywhere and can stay safe and warm in my house. I'm hoping and praying that everyone who has to venture out today stays safe too.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

An occasional glass of White Merlot can be pleasing.

Playing with "the gurls" (my kitties) with the laser pen. 2 of the 3 will chase the red dot; #3 seems to think that it's stupid and beneath her dignity.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Stepping on the scale and seeing 1lb less than yesterday. In my head I know that's not really weight loss but I trick myself into thinking I'm thinner!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3247822;
    Stepping on the scale and seeing 1lb less than yesterday. In my head I know that's not really weight loss but I trick myself into thinking I'm thinner!!
    Hey, 1 pound off is better than 1 pound on. I've been avoiding even stepping on a scale lately. It seems all I want to do is sit around and eat. I guess I know what my New Years Resolution will be this year. Again.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why do we abuse ourselves by getting on scales? Men will get on a scale...in front of eveyone...and then tell what the scales show!! We should be more like them!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I bought some footed pj's complete with Disney Princesses and Hannah Montana for a couple of little girls at my school - the staff at my school adopts a needy family. It was fun to buy something from their list!

My daughter is coming home from college for three weeks. She wrote me an email to say she can't wait to be home and cook, eat, decorate, sew, etc with me. We have movies and games lined up, too.

The weather is cold enough for wool coats and scarfs but not raining!

I still have time to mail some Christmas cards and they won't be late!

All of these things make me happy!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3248085;
    Why do we abuse ourselves by getting on scales? Men will get on a scale...in front of eveyone...and then tell what the scales show!! We should be more like them!
    Ok..you first. I'll be right behind you....with my foot on your scale.
    CYA

Bunny!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

When I step on the scale and it is a 1 pound loss, it is a wonderful thing. But I do avoid it! I keep it under my bed and pull it out about every three months. I can tell how much I weigh by how my clothes fit, so try not to torture myself with that thing.

+ Reply to Thread