+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Watching some of the students that I tutor actually turning the corner toward maturity. It's not consistent, but I keep seeing little signs!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Going to bed and waking up with all my three kitties safe at home and snoozing on my bed
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3234262;
    Watching some of the students that I tutor actually turning the corner toward maturity. It's not consistent, but I keep seeing little signs!
    Wonderful, prhoshay! It takes lots of perseverance to make that progress.

Misskitty, so glad to hear that you are being comforted by your little loved ones.

My simple pleasure was to spend the day at the coast with my family. It was the first time we were all there together in at least 12 years. It was a beautiful day with hiking, exploring tide pools and soaking in the salt air.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3239449;

My simple pleasure was to spend the day at the coast with my family. It was the first time we were all there together in at least 12 years. It was a beautiful day with hiking, exploring tide pools and soaking in the salt air.
    That sounds like a fantastic day Cootie......I'm envious!
    CYA

My son finally talking with his dad after so many years of just having cordial conversations.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Listening to my son laugh. There is something absolutely infectious about his laughter - no matter what mood I'm in or how I'm feeling, his belly laugh can bring me out of it.
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything useful, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    F - is for Fire that burns down the whole town.
    U - is for Uranium...BOMBS!
    N - is for No survivors...
    - Plankton, Spongebob Squarepants (FUN Song)

Infectious laughter is a wonderful thing! And sons who are happy is quite nice for us parents!

My simple thing for the moment is sitting with a bowl of steaming chili bean soup for lunch. More power to me for the rest of the work day!

Quote Originally Posted by Redlady;3241014;
    Listening to my son laugh. There is something absolutely infectious about his laughter - no matter what mood I'm in or how I'm feeling, his belly laugh can bring me out of it.
    We got some bad news at school and I went to talk to the art teacher. She was on youtube watching babies laugh to cheer herself up. I guess she just typed in "laughing baby" and then clicked similar videos after that. They were really funny.
    Count your blessings!

As I woke up this morning, I had a thought on a simple happy thing. Laying in bed under a down comforter is an exquisite, but simple thing that makes me happy. Getting out of bed is a little difficult when it is cold, but that experience of warmth and light, cuddly comfort is pure bliss.

- Having a garage to put my car into (even though it`s not heated), so I don`t have to scrape ice and snow off when I need to rush out for something!

- Snow at Christmas

- The neighborhood all pretty with lights

- Christmas music on the radio stations

- Time to casually read the newspaper, check out the flyers, and have a cup of coffee.

- Keeping in touch with family and friends.

- A nice piece of dark chocolate!

- Walking outside and not hearing any construction noise...just the sound of snow crunching beneath my feet

- Making a complete strange smile by being polite while out and about.

- Getting a big hug from a little girl because she loved the way I painted her face

- Getting a hug from Santa at the Children`s party on Sat. morning.

- Having a young, fit, handsome, soldier help me take my facepainting stuff down to the party at the Battalion so I could set up.

- Seeing my evil twin sinister help out my Mom and Dad on her day off without complaining.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread