+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

MRD

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Great p hotos Unk. Sounds like a great time.

My simple pleasure is having a house that is not all in boxes. I don't know when I will get to enjoy that simple pleasure again, but I'm sure looking forward to it.

And having blinds, so I don't have to dress in the tiny bathroom and end up dropping my pants in the toilet.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Gorgeous pics, Unk! I love all of the color changes this time of year. I missed the earlier ones you posted of Zac at McD's and the movies. It's so cool that you're getting out with him.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Got some good news just now. Last Friday I went to pick up my granddaughter Lexie and talked to my ex DIL about spending some time with the new baby, Baileigh. Our idea is to take things slowly and start spending a few hours with her and gradually working up to taking her over night and then for weekends so as not to scare her or traumatize her by just dumping her off into strangers hands. Her mom said nope, can't see her until we have legal papers stating visitation and custody drawn up. Well, my son has an appointment with his lawyer to set this in motion already, I just thought we could make this easier on Baileigh. This morning I got a call from my ex DIL and she had talked to her lawyer who said that what we were suggesting was not out of line and that she should try to cooperate with us a little more. So she has agreed to let us take the baby for a few hours or a day and let her get to know all of us. My son is working so I won't be able to tell him for awhile, but he will be so happy. She's been real good lately about letting us see Lexie, even dropping her off to visit when it's not our "time" to see her, so I thought she'd be okay with the new baby too. I think her mom is behind some of it. She never liked my son, didn't want them to get married, interfered in their marriage and thinks that Adam's only right as far as his kids go is to pay child support, which he is doing. His ex wife never could stand up to her mother.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but after the depressing weekend we spent wondering how long this legal battle might drag out, it seems like good new to me and of course, since everyone in my family is at work, I had to come to my second family and spread the joy.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

That's wonderful news, Lil Bit! I'm so glad for you and your family.

Glad the daughter has some sense. "Best interests of the child" and all.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3220316;
    Glad the daughter has some sense. "Best interests of the child" and all.
    The problem is she lives with her parents and they hold that over her head. She (my ex DIL) is a high school drop out, unemployed (because she missed work at every job she has ever held and been fired) and has 2 children to take care of, so she feels like she can't move out of her parents home. I'm grateful that she is living with her parents, because she has help with the kids, and although I don't care for the people personally, they love their granddaughters and will see to it that they are properly cared for. My son pays child support, but because she is getting welfare from the state, his child support goes directly to the state. Her mother harps on the fact that Adam isn't paying support, because they don't see the check. I try to ignore that because arguing with someone who is as close minded as she is is hardly productive. I think things will work out in the end. I'm thinking that her lawyer knows that we are trying to be reasonable and that them not allowing us to even see Baileigh would really look bad when we do end up before a judge again hashing out new visitation agreements.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Lil Bit, one big HALLELUJAH!!!

MRD

Fantastic news Lil' Bit.

I will pray that all goes well and you get to have a wonderful relationship with both granddaughters.

Maybe their mom could use the time she is living with her parents to get her GED. What with having help with the kids, etc. I know that's not up to you, but maybe one of t hose real "subtle" suggestions maybe.

But at least you know the girls are being well taken care of.

We had a friend who's ex didn't want him to have visitation and the judge basically told the ex: "you don't want him to have visitation? Ok, then, he quits paying child support"
    She shut up QUICKLY after that!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Lil Bit - sounds like you have people who believe in you on your side. I hope all goes well with the visitations and with the ex DIL.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love being able to electronically pay my bills so that my bills are never late anymore!!! I used to carry those things around in my purse forever before I'd remember to drop them in the mailbox...and the worn condition of the envelopes was embarrassing by the time they got mailed!! Somebody up there loves me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread