+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree775Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Thank you everyone!

I love finding money I've tucked away in places. It's always such a treat.

MY simple weekend pleasure. Being able to (and wanted) look after my cousins without someone else around watching me!

I read an article once that said to tuck $20 into your winter coat pocket when you put it away for the summer. I did that exactly once and now I always hope that I did it when I didn't. Sort of a reverse simple pleasure.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

about 25 years ago, I found $50 in a coat pocket. Back then $50 went a ways, so I was fairly happy about it. As I lived in Florida and we have 3 days a year when it's cold, I know that money had been in that coat at least a year.

My simple pleasure today was that we ate in an old fashioned cafeteria and it was FABULOUS!!! I had REAL mashed potatos. I love looking down that line of food and being able to pick out what I want and it's on it's own little white plate. Heck, I even love the fact that they have jello all cubed up in those cute little stemmed dishes and I HATE jello!

My dad would take me to a cafeteria when I was little and let me pick out anything I wanted, so tonight was a real treat for me. It brought back a lot of memories.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3212028;
    My simple pleasure today was that we ate in an old fashioned cafeteria and it was FABULOUS!!! I had REAL mashed potatos. I love looking down that line of food and being able to pick out what I want and it's on it's own little white plate. Heck, I even love the fact that they have jello all cubed up in those cute little stemmed dishes and I HATE jello!

My dad would take me to a cafeteria when I was little and let me pick out anything I wanted, so tonight was a real treat for me. It brought back a lot of memories.
    Oh my gosh, back in 1996, we rented an RV and took a trip around the US. On the third day, we stopped at a cafeteria in Arkansas. So much food, and all of it delicious. We don't have anything like that near where I live, so it was a new experience and if I'm back that way again, I'm going to have to track one down. Thanks, mrd, for reminding me! I'm drooling right now.

MRD

Well this one is doing Thanksgiving dinner and since it will just be the 4 of us this year, I want to go THERE and dispense with all that damn cooking this year!!!!!

That would be a very simple pleasure for me. To eat out on Thanksgiving this year.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3212263;
    Well this one is doing Thanksgiving dinner and since it will just be the 4 of us this year, I want to go THERE and dispense with all that damn cooking this year!!!!!

That would be a very simple pleasure for me. To eat out on Thanksgiving this year.
    But then you wouldn't have the simple pleasure of Thanksgiving leftovers!!! Yum!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There is a race track where I live that has a fall meet that starts in November, and they have races on Thanksgiving Day, and it is a tradition for many people to go to the track on turkey day for fun and food! They put on a really good, fancy-schmancy meal, too. I'm doing that this year!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Well there is the problem of no leftovers. But considering all that's on my plate, doing a big dinner that takes me the better part of a week to fix is not something I'm looking forward to this year.
    We'd kind of like to go camping, but I may have to work on that Fri. now.

My simple pleasure right now is that I had dinner in the crockpot for tonight.

I can't wait for Thanksgiving next weekend!! I'm pretty stoked for it. I don't know why, because it's not like there'll be any food I haven't had recently, but it'll just be nice to spend it with the family!

This guy makes me happy!

+ Reply to Thread