+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree693Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Going to Saturday Market and discovering a parade is on the schedule complete with belly dancers, people on stilts and people powered floats...

Sleep.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Since the hurricane, I've come to realize how much I take for granted. The things I've listed below may not be "simple," but they have certainly made me happy these past few days:

1. Being able to flush a toilet. (And this one really is #1 on my list . . . not just the first one I'm typing!)

2. Not having to boil water before drinking it, washing my hands, brushing my teeth, etc. (We're not at this point yet, but our city said our boil water notification might be lifted today.)

3. Having family to sit around with outside - laughing and talking and laughing some more - even though we are all tired, dirty, achy, etc.

4. Finding a generator . . . and gas to fill it with.

5. Being able to see more stars in the night sky because there are not as many "city" lights to dim them.

6. Seeing neighbors talking - and working together . . . helping each other out with whatever is needed.

7. Being able to access FoRT from work so that I can still feel "connected" to the outside world!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

After working a 12 hour day, I realized that simple things that make me happy are a soft flannel bathrobe and a pair of slippers! If it was colder out, I would add a nice soft blanket to wrap in up in as I sit at the computer.

Chrelsey - I am with you on the flushing toilet as being a simple pleasure - we take it so for granted in our everyday lives.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A shower and a shampoo.

Electricity.

Safe tap water.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

After traveling to Kenya where safe, available water is not a given (let alone hot out of the tap), I have a running joke with my fellow YMCA showerers. When the water won't get hot, I tell them it's a "count your blessings shower".
    Count your blessings!

Being able to clean my room!

My niece, who is just learning to walk, and that proud look on her face. With every step she takes she breaks out into this huge grin.

The smell of freshly cut grass. For some reason I just love that smell.

My son's sense of humor. The way he laughs at his own jokes cracks me up every time even if the punchline doesn't.

Going out with friends tonight for the first time in over 5 months.

Yea angel!!! That's a really special one. Waking up on a cold morning, too stubborn to turn the heat on yet, looking through my sweaters for something comfy and finding a cashmere hoodie I forgot I had... I know!!! How do you forget something like that? I have too many clothes.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread