+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

My simple pleasure is making the days of my friends at the Rehab centre. We all have physical and occupational therapy at the same times, plus they're all on my floor. I'm the youngest one there by about.. oh 30 or 40 years.. depending on the gentleman .. My family teases me that I have so many boyfriends.

I love talking and chatting with them because it makes them so happy. They thoroughly enjoy my company and have such fun with me. I go for cookies and coffee with them every day and just generally make them smile! It's something simple that I can do to give back to make their days at the rehab centre that much more pleasant as they don't get to leave like I do on the weekends.

You are an angel, angel. My simple pleasure is getting a call that my Little Sister has a scheduling conflict and can't make it today. I always enjoy our time together, but today I am behind on things like harvesting and processing the Concord grapes that grow all around my property. I love having a freezer full of processed, measured grapes that can be taken out for pies all winter.
    Count your blessings!

You'll have to bake a pie with thoughts of me, Gut!

My simple pleasure today.. simple foods that taste so delicious!

FORT Fanatic

One of my daughters' away at college called yesterday, and said,"Mom, I'm catching a cold, and wish I was there with you, so I could crawl in your bed, and you make me feel better." That really made me feel good, that she still wants to feel like a little girl".

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3190715;
    She got all of us to buy one didn't she? I was starting to think she was getting commissions on everyone that she sold on FORT.
    Believe it or not, I still don't have one.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There is a 'late bloomer' in every group!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Today, I was chasing a butterly in some tall weeds, trying to get it's picture. I finally got two good shots. Was a great way to spend some time.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3191405;
    My simple pleasure is making the days of my friends at the Rehab centre. We all have physical and occupational therapy at the same times, plus they're all on my floor. I'm the youngest one there by about.. oh 30 or 40 years.. depending on the gentleman .. My family teases me that I have so many boyfriends.

I love talking and chatting with them because it makes them so happy. They thoroughly enjoy my company and have such fun with me. I go for cookies and coffee with them every day and just generally make them smile! It's something simple that I can do to give back to make their days at the rehab centre that much more pleasant as they don't get to leave like I do on the weekends.
    That's wonderful Angel. It's always nice making someone smile and just giving them the simple gift of your time and attention. So many people that have reached a certain age, no longer get any respect or attention from people anymore and it's said. I'm so glad you brighten their day and it sounds like they brighten yours too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

People who ignore "people who have reached a certain age" have no idea what they could be missing out on. Older people can be hilarious....and extremely wise. Like with everybody else, it's about taking the time to get to know somebody. I love to hear older people talk about things/experiences that they have had.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3193331;
    People who ignore "people who have reached a certain age" have no idea what they could be missing out on. Older people can be hilarious....and extremely wise. Like with everybody else, it's about taking the time to get to know somebody. I love to hear older people talk about things/experiences that they have had.
    Amen to that. I love to listen to the eldery as they have the best stories.

I was just assigned to a group of WWII vets coming to the museum in a couple weeks. They are having an air group reunion. I researched their air group and they actually transported Goering and several other Nazi's to Nuremburg for the trials. You can bet I'm going to ask them about that.
    I have a special place in my heart for WWII vets. And Vets in particular. My husband knows that I will sit and listen to them for hours. It is such a simple thing to do and makes them so happy and me too. I love it.

There is also a lady that is a big museum donor that is in her 90's and I usually will help her at events (get her a chair, glass of wine, etc.) and she is so wonderful. Again, such great stories to tell. And she is a fire cracker too. Not your typical little old lady that's for sure.

Now the crotchy old people are another story, but most are just wonderful and grateful for the company. And generally very interesting.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread