+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

MRD

Re: What simple things make you happy?

There are also websites that you can find sales and coupons. I use store coupons a lot. I'll have to look up the websites. But you can get posted sales, etc.
    And I shop at the end of season. Right now summer clothes are 60-70% off at the moment in a lot of stores, but we've still got several weeks left of being able to wear them and I can wear them next year.

The other thing that I do NOT do is be a frequent shopper, but I know those that do and get great bargains. If you have favorite stores, visit them at least once a week to see what's on sale. Sometimes they don't advertise a further reduction in the clearence section. I always check out the clearance sections first.

And like prhoshay says: bargain. Even Target will bargain on some things.

Ellen, sadly there is a large segment of the popluation that has to shop at Walmart because they just can't afford to shop anywhere else. I hate going there. I want to maim people when I have to step in that store and I don't go often, but when I do, its usually because I want to make one stop or I need something cheaper than I can get it elsewhere. My grocery shopping at Walmart is ALWAYS cheaper than going to the other grocery stores. And with food prices rising so high, every little bit helps. I do like to shop at locally owned businesses and we hardly ever eat at chain restaurants either. But there are times when I have to do business with the big box stores.

My simple pleasure today is that I hubby offered to clean the kitchen and cook supper.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Sitting in my sunroom watching the hummingbirds fly around outside....seeing them makes my happy
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Sorry to all those who hate Walmart, but it is the only store in our town for most things. Anything else is 20 min. minimum drive each way. Simple pleasure? Free peaches on my tree! I picked about a bushel today not realizing they were going gangbusters. I don't spray or fertilize. They just grow. yum!
    Count your blessings!

Simple pleasure of the day: Walking around the floor in 6 minutes!

[QUOTE=bbnbama;3175552;]Sitting in my sunroom watching the hummingbirds fly around outside....seeing them makes my happy[/QUOT

Just yesterday I was sitting in my yard relaxing and listening to the waterfall as its strong flowing water hit the pond which attracts all kinds of wild life onto my property. There are many species of birds that have befriended me since I feed them year round. My newest baby hummingbird that I named Little Spirit flew within 3 inches of my face as if to say hello. I have many hummingbirds that feed right out of my hands. I love these beautifully colored and friendly creatures.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3175561;
    Sorry to all those who hate Walmart, but it is the only store in our town for most things. Anything else is 20 min. minimum drive each way. Simple pleasure? Free peaches on my tree! I picked about a bushel today not realizing they were going gangbusters. I don't spray or fertilize. They just grow. yum!
    somehow I read this as peaches on your feet, and I'm thinking I wonder what that does and if I should try that?

Simply hanging out with children-kids & young people in general. I LOVE children! LOVE them!

My simple pleasure - my first harvest of yard-long beans...

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3175835;
    somehow I read this as peaches on your feet, and I'm thinking I wonder what that does and if I should try that?
    You're silly gabriel. But try it and let me know how it works out!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Could be a great new beauty treatment. Afterall, people put cucumbers on their eyes.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread