+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree717Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

MRD

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Our dog food bags are sewn and I like it when I get the right thread and pull and the whole bag opens. Other times I have to resort to scissors, so I know what you mean about getting the right thread to unravel.

Burntbrat, isn't it wonderful when they do something like that? Mine did that for me one day last week and I almost keeled over. Of course, there was something she wanted.

My simple pleasure today was talking to my cousin this morning and finding out that my aunt had a great birthday and that they escaped Hurricane Fay. (They live in Florida and didn't even get any rain where they live)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My simple thing is being able to use the washroom facilities by myself!! And being able to WALK with a walker!!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

ca, that is wonderful! I'm always amazed at just how much we take for granted in our everyday existence. My mother always said, "You just don't know...."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's so true. This experience will forever change me and has already completely altered my view on life, living, and everything in between.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3170391;
    It's so true. This experience will forever change me and has already completely altered my view on life, living, and everything in between.
    I have been thinking about how much we take for granted when I read your posts. You have been through a lot and from some of my own past experiences, the trite but true phrase is "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". I firmly believe it. So you have to be the strongest person I know right now!!!! You have such a great and positive attitude which really helps as I'm sure you already know.

So I'm going to say my simple pleasure is just knowing I'm alive. Thanks for a great reminder CA.

MRD you're going to make me cry! (In a good way of course).

Looking back, and hearing what happened in the time I can't remember (There are periods of my hospital stay that I simply DO NOT remember). I don't remember coding (my heart stopping/almost dying) and I don't remember my first week of ICU. But hearing from my mom just how bad it was makes me grateful every single day that I can take a breath and that I am alive. I am truly lucky and blessed that my body never gave up even when my mind did at times.

I am thankful for my body and to just be alive. We all are

Wow CA, I didn't know things were so bad. Please keep your positive outlook and your efforts to get your health back. I am rooting for you.

I was telling mr buglover last night that CA makes me strong just in her own strength to deal with all that life has thrown her way. You really do inspire me to not get so upset over little dumb things that make life a bit more difficult!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Thank you both. I love coming here because I know that the FORT family truly cares and is interested in hearing about my progress. It makes me feel that much better. Positivity breeds positivity!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3171701;
    Thank you both. I love coming here because I know that the FORT family truly cares and is interested in hearing about my progress. It makes me feel that much better. Positivity breeds positivity!!
    Don't you wish more negative people would learn this?

Wow, CA, I agree with the above, you've been through a lot more than a lot of us even knew. Keep on going. You are definetly an inspiration to a lot of people.
    I've wanted to ask but was afraid to, but do you mind (if you do, that's ok, I'm just curious-nosy really, but curious is a nicer way of putting it. ) telling us what happened that originally put you in the hospital?

I just am thrilled that you've come so far in such a short amount of time. Keep it up girl! You're doing great and you are certainly helping me count my own blessings. And one of them is you! It's a blessing to know someone who is so positive.

+ Reply to Thread