+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree678Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

MRD

Re: What simple things make you happy?

My grocery store is so cold, they don't need freezer cases or meat cases, so I always get a coffee first thing when I go in as I am so cold, I can't concentrate on shopping, so I need the drink holder. I also need a clip somewhere on the handle to hold my list. A clipboard with pen attached would be perfect!

And I want a big spike on the front of the cart to ram people with that park in the middle of the aisle and take up ALL the room while they peruse crunchy versus smooth peanut butter for 30 minutes.

Simple pleasure tonight is going to be watching the Olympics.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3163884;
    My son vacuuming the livingroom.
    Send him here -- I'll give both of you home-made cookies!
    (My latest is oatmeal cranberry-orange.)
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3164039;
    . . . A clipboard with pen attached would be perfect! . . .
    I do a makeshift one of those: slipknot together a bunch of rubber bands -- however long you need it to be -- to the hole of the clipboard clip, and attach a clicker pen with a good clip (my new favorite is the Pilot G2 Mini) to the last rubber band.
    . . . And I want a big spike on the front of the cart to ram people with that park in the middle of the aisle and take up ALL the room while they peruse crunchy versus smooth peanut butter for 30 minutes. . . .
    Amen, sistah!
    Last edited by Ellen; 08-12-2008 at 09:44 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I also need a clip somewhere on the handle to hold my list. A clipboard with pen attached would be perfect!
    Now that would be helpful. I was at first excited when they came out with those shopping carts that had the calculators on them years ago but the danged things never worked.
    CYA

MRD

The newest fad here, is the scanner guns you can use while shopping to keep a running total of your purchases. Yes, I need SOMETHING else to carry. I don't put my purse in the cart, I prefer to hold it as I've had money stolen from my purse in a grocery store once when I foolishly walked away from the cart. So I've got the list, my purse, pen, and now scanner gun? And coffee in my cup holder. I need a drivable cart (and not those scooter ones which are too short and too much of a pain. I had to use one 2 years ago when I hurt my knee)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Since I won't take my purse into the store, I have my hands free for holding my list in one hand and my pen in the other. I'm telling you, I've got this down to a fine art!!

I'm not sure I'd like a hand held scanner, but I sure would like to have a stationary scanner in each aisle so that I could price check when I needed to (like in Target, Meijer, etc.) I'm still ticked that the drugstores won't come into the 21st century and give me a U-Scan-It lane! I know they don't work for a lot of people, but they really work for me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've yet to see a U-Scan-It lane here and I'm wondering when we'll get them!

As for something simple that makes me happy. Taking my first (heavily aided) steps since I (barely) walked out of my place on June 7th.

MRD

CA!!!!!!
    We're all pulling for you! And from your posts, you are doing more and more everyday. Keep up the good work.

My simple pleasure was having a $10 off coupon for the grocery store today. Love to save money! But I went to a different store (same chain) than I usually shop at and their carts do NOT have the cupholder. I was severly miffed!

Good for you Angel.

Way to go, CA!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Thank you!! It was indeed a good few days. Once I get help up, I'm able to stand on my own until I get tired, now I'm taking steps with help, I no longer have a feeding tube and the only thing left hooked up to me is a pick line (akin to an IV). Now all I have to do is build up my muscles and tolerance. Slowly but surely it's all coming together.

Who would have thought that hospital food could make a gal so happy?

+ Reply to Thread