+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3074036;
    I had a friend that carried a camera when his car was about to hit 100,000. Miles. When it did, he pulled over and snapped a photo of the odometer.
    It was at night too, so when he was telling me this he said he figured that the other motorists on the interstate were wondering why there was a camera flash going off inside of a car pulled off on the side of the road.
    I did the same thing with one of my old cars. I pulled over when it was a 99999.9, took a picture, pulled back onto the road and stopped again at 100000.0. Then proceeded on my way only to pulled over by a cop who had seen my car pull over, noticed a flash, take off and pull over again. He thought I was up to something suspicious. When I told him what I was really doing, he did not seemed too amused. But I sure was!

I also like seeing when the time is 12:34 am or pm.

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3074184;
    I'm the same way! I think it is so neat when numbers go together so nicely. I think it is so neat when the time is 11:11am/pm, that is the only time all 4 numbers are the same on the clock. Pretty cool IMO.
    I hear you're supposed to make a wish when the time is 11:11.....I've never actually tried this since the only time I really keep an eye on the clock is when I'm at work and it's getting close to quitting time.
    CYA

There was a date in 1999 when it was the last time in a thousand years when all the numbers were odd numbers. I made sure to e-mail eveyone I knew with that fact and called my dad because I knew he would really appreciate it. Let's see, would that have been 11-19-1999 or 11-30? I forget if zeros count.
    Count your blessings!

I'd say the 19th, to me zero is an even number. Then the date 2002-02-02 was the first date in a thousand years with just even numbers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A wonderful, undisturbed nap.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Zero is an even number. I know these things. I'm a guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;3075363;
    I'd say the 19th, to me zero is an even number. Then the date 2002-02-02 was the first date in a thousand years with just even numbers
    Why not 2000-02-02?
    Last edited by Newfherder; 06-24-2008 at 11:14 AM. Reason: post was not smart-assed enough.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Momentary lapse, I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;3075831;
    Momentary lapse, I suppose
    You can get away with those at your age. At my age, they start looking into extended-care facilities

To get back on topic, I get a giggle out of coming up with new bits of self-deprecating humor.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Cruising in the country with the top down on a sunny day, and coming up on a shady bit of road by the river.

Unk, I wish I had time to do that right now. I'm going to be working a bit later shifts this week, so it'll be daylight when I get off, and a long ride home--I'm putting my swim suit in the car and hoping to feel good enough to hit a swimming hole at around 7 am at least a couple of days this week, while it's still quiet and the sun isn't blazing so much (it's been 83 degrees even at 730 in the am here, o plenty warm for me) I do like to swim, but just quietly floating for 30 minutes or so really relaxes me. I don't like it after the water gets too warm, so I need to hurry up and go.
    Last edited by queenb; 06-25-2008 at 02:55 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread