+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Many things make me happy, but my family & my pets are at the top of the list.

I got my grandmother's old bike for free (she can't use it anymore) so it was great taking my bike to work this morning in stead of walking from the bus stop (however, I had parked it under a tree on Wednesday so it was all sticky, now I know where not to park it).

My son coming home from a week long camping trip!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I Love Lucy reruns!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Having an outstanding pharmacist who goes above and beyond to help, especially when both the doctor and the insurance company are being arseholes.
    It's nice to know that someone loves their job enough to be cheerful, helpful and just generally caring.
    I even wrote Walgreens praising their pharmacist.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've heard Wallgreens pharmacists are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. It seems like we cannot get good service anywhere anymore.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3073395;
    I've heard Wallgreens pharmacists are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. It seems like we cannot get good service anywhere anymore.
    I don't think I've gotten this level of quality service anywhere before and I hope it continues. I refuse to use CVS as they act like I'm annoying them by bringing in a script to get filled.

Right now my simple pleasure is I got all my chores done and phone calls made and can spend the afternoon doing what I want. (which will probably entail laundry as I really didn't get ALL my chores done, but most of them. And laundry is just an ongoing, never ending part of my life). But am headed to the library, my other simple pleasure for new reading material.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Okay - my odometer on my car changed to 12345 this morning and it just made me chuckle. I obsess over that thing - watching it go to all different combinations (like I loved when it was 12021 - same number backwards). I know, weird. I love numbers.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;3073915;
    Okay - my odometer on my car changed to 12345 this morning and it just made me chuckle. I obsess over that thing - watching it go to all different combinations (like I loved when it was 12021 - same number backwards). I know, weird. I love numbers.
    I had a friend that carried a camera when his car was about to hit 100,000. Miles. When it did, he pulled over and snapped a photo of the odometer.
    It was at night too, so when he was telling me this he said he figured that the other motorists on the interstate were wondering why there was a camera flash going off inside of a car pulled off on the side of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;3073915;
    I'm the same way! I think it is so neat when numbers go together so nicely. I think it is so neat when the time is 11:11am/pm, that is the only time all 4 numbers are the same on the clock. Pretty cool IMO.

+ Reply to Thread