+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree693Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

I'm jealous - I LOVE bagpipe music! In New Jersey, every September, there's a state-wide firemen's convention in Wildwood, NJ (at the shore). One year, a fire department had a bagpipe band (band??? - whatever) come. The performed in the street for the enjoyment of everyone. It was awesome! Have a wonderful time at the festival!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3041584;
    I'm jealous - I LOVE bagpipe music! In New Jersey, every September, there's a state-wide firemen's convention in Wildwood, NJ (at the shore). One year, a fire department had a bagpipe band (band??? - whatever) come. The performed in the street for the enjoyment of everyone. It was awesome! Have a wonderful time at the festival!
    They call them pipe bands.

I have pipes on my ipod. I am the only one in my family that enjoys pipe music. Tonight is the parade and there are going to be 25 different pipe bands.
    Tomorrow there will be the athetic events (tossing those telephone poles) and a pipe band competition, vendors, tartan weavers, demonstrations, the border collie trials, lot's of cool scottish stuff. My husband will embarrass me by going around talking with a Scottish accent all day (actually he's got it down pretty good, but his favorite word to say is crrrrrrrrap. )

Oh and today the history museum is having a luncheon event with the head of one of the Clans and I got compted a ticket. So can't wait.

I'm really excited except that we are having record heat all of a sudden. Today is supposed to be 96 out. UGH.

But my simple pleasure will be getting to hear the pipes tonight.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD, that is the caber toss (the telephone pole thingies).

We have the Scottish Games up here every Labor Day Weekend, but I have yet to go to one. Labor Day Weekend is just too jam-packed with other things going on (son's bday weekend, last minute back-to-school stuff, going up to the lake for the last weekend of summer and having the ring of fire, etc). A few weeks later we have the Irish Fest, which is very similar....lots of Celtic stuff for sale, bands, pipers, dancers, and all sorts of other goodies. I always try to make it to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3041468;
    getting to see men in kilts.
    . . . in hurricane-force winds?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'll even admit that the kilt look is a pretty attractive look! Takes a secure man to pull that off......no pun intended!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I usually enjoy bagpipe music. However, several years ago, I was a bridesmaid in a giant pink dress with a large "butt bow". At the wedding rehearsal, we were all TOLD that a bagpipe player would be playing Amazing Grace on the pipes. During the actual wedding ceremony, I was standing at the altar in my glorious pink dress when the bagpiper came up behind me and started piping up Amazing Grace about 2 inches from my ear. It was SO loud. I jumped about a foot in the air and dropped my flowers. The bride and groom (of course) have this on video and think it is hilarious.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Thanks for my laughs of the night prhoshay and doxie

Waking up this morning and having Mr. Tootles and Lexi engage in Wrestlemania for a half an hour on my bed!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3041468;
    getting to see men in kilts.
    got_kilt.jpg
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3043993;
    Waking up this morning and having Mr. Tootles and Lexi engage in Wrestlemania for a half an hour on my bed!
    Well that sounds kinky!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread