+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Unconventional traits you seek out in a significant other

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm

What about an 80s bang perm and shoulder pads
    You forgot to include "leg warmers", dvm.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    A man with good, tight thighs

Cheesy sense of humor (like my husband who every time I ask him if he wants something wrapped, he starts rapping like Slick Rick)

An appreciation for (not necessarily a liking for) bad 80's music.

Someone who smiles at me, for no good reason, except for he's happy to be with me.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Cheesy sense of humor (like my husband who every time I ask him if he wants something wrapped, he starts rapping like Slick Rick)
    That's awesome

For some reason I adore a man in glasses. My first little crush was on a boy with glasses. I think I subconsciously associate it with "smarts", despite it being true or not. But glasses...yep...gotta love 'em.

<----This = for me.
    Last edited by Shazzer; 08-26-2003 at 02:42 PM.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

[QUOTE=marybethp]A man with good, tight thighs

LADI-DADI, WE LIKE TO PARTY.
    WE DON'T CAUSE TROUBLE, WE DON'T BOTHER NOBODY.
    WE'RE JUST SOME MEN THAT ROCK THE MIKE AND WHEN WE ROCK UPON THE MIKE, WE ROCK THE MIKE ..RIGHT!!!

Hmm...interesting thread.

For me, it would be:

1)white teeth
    2)good breath (halitosis, ew... :mad
    3)good hair (i.e. casual hair style, not slick w/ all kinds of hair products)
    4)non-smoker (a cigarette looked good on Leonard Cohen...but are you Leonard Cohen?)
    5)open-mindness (i.e. don't snort at me and dismiss Miyazaki's latest works as "cartoons" when it's obvious I'm an enthusiastic fan of the Japanese animator)
    6) articulateness (no need to be Tony Blair, but I wouldn't be able to stand someone like FLOM's Rob. )
    7)the ability to eat ultra-spicy foods (strange, I know ...but when my last boyfriend impulsively took me up on my dare to eat Thai peppers raw, well...let's just say I admire a sense of adventurousness.
    ...P.S. strongly not recommended. Will burn tongue out.

Gawd....i Hate Art! Sorry Wrong Thread!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Hmm...interesting thread.

For me, it would be:

1)white teeth
    2)good breath (halitosis, ew... :mad
    3)good hair (i.e. casual hair style, not slick w/ all kinds of hair products)
    4)non-smoker (a cigarette looked good on Leonard Cohen...but are you Leonard Cohen?)
    5)open-mindness (i.e. don't snort at me and dismiss Miyazaki's latest works as "cartoons" when it's obvious I'm an enthusiastic fan of the Japanese animator)
    6) articulateness (no need to be Tony Blair, but I wouldn't be able to stand someone like FLOM's Rob. )
    7)the ability to eat ultra-spicy foods (strange, I know ...but when my last boyfriend impulsively took me up on my dare to eat Thai peppers raw, well...let's just say I admire a sense of adventurousness.
    ...P.S. strongly not recommended. Will burn tongue out.
    halitosis

It doesn't seem like most of the traits being listed are all that unconventional.

For my part, I tend to seek out people who like to argue. A lot of people hate it; I really like it. Not necessarily melodramatic "I hate you!" type of stuff. Just...you know, someone who can relish a good fight now and then.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    It doesn't seem like most of the traits being listed are all that unconventional.

For my part, I tend to seek out people who like to argue. A lot of people hate it; I really like it. Not necessarily melodramatic "I hate you!" type of stuff. Just...you know, someone who can relish a good fight now and then.
    I agree, most of the stuff here seems pretty conventional. Though I think martbethp's list had some unconventional stuff in it.

If I had to put something unconventional on my list, I think I'd have to say that if my spouse/mate yelled at refs in a hockey game as much as I do, I'd find that attractive! Oh, and a hatred of all things Red Wing would also be a plus.

+ Reply to Thread