+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Unconventional traits you seek out in a significant other

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    speed, c'mon do we really have to admit to knowing a Springsteen song or two? Sheesh, to some of us that would be the ultimate crime!

(and yeah, I unfortunately know more than two, but darnit I try and forget that every chance I get!)
    Oh Libs, my heart is crushed. Springsteen came into my life at such a crucial point. His songs carry much sentiment for me. Oh well, to each their own.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Am I hearing distant wedding bells between you two??
    I do admire speedbumps' taste in music, but Mr. Dinahann probably would not go for it.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    add: "Two Tribes", "Power of Love" and an awesome cover of Springsteen's "Born To Run". I had the album as well.
    I totally bow to your knowledge of Frankie Goes to Hollywood. I can't remember how many times I danced the night away to Relax.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I like men who are so ultra-conventional, they're unconventional. I don't need a mate to read books I like or watch t.v shows I like ( shudders at the thought ). A nice, stable, good-natured, conservative guy, which I'm with, were so opposite it's scary but it works. He did turn out to have a few quirks, like laundry. Everthing is sent to the dry-cleaners, except for socks, t-shirts etc, but he can not stand to have dirty clothes lying around, so sometimes, I'll put on a t-shirt in the morning, and by the evening he's washed and dried it. He's constantly doing laundry!

Lotus, please send your man to my house when he has a moment...lord, that's a trait I wish my husband shared. Does he iron, too?

*when driving in the car or sitting on the couch, if I'm quiet, don't ask me what's wrong. Nothings wrong. I'm thinking about how the Steeler's are going to make the playoffs. There's no need for paranoia.
    You're going to have to knock this one off the list, Speedy. The makeup thing, sure, the Frankie Goes to Hollywood is a little odd but not too bad...but we need to know what you guys are thinking ALL THE TIME. Deal with it.

Maybe you should add to your list, "is knowledgable about hair products".
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Lotus, please send your man to my house when he has a moment...lord, that's a trait I wish my husband shared. Does he iron, too?

You're going to have to knock this one off the list, Speedy. The makeup thing, sure, the Frankie Goes to Hollywood is a little odd but not too bad...but we need to know what you guys are thinking ALL THE TIME. Deal with it.

No, I use to Iron, but he sends everything to the cleaners that has to be ironed. I haven't ironed since we moved in together.

*when driving in the car or sitting on the couch, if I'm quiet, don't ask me what's wrong. Nothings wrong. I'm thinking about how the Steeler's are going to make the playoffs. There's no need for paranoia.
    Hugely important, speedbump. I know its a good relationship when the quiet times are just as comfortable as the rest of the times.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Not that I'm looking anytime soon, but unconventional traits I would look for:

- doesn't run late
    - isn't a workaholic
    - knows the difference between a wrench and set of pliers but doesn't spend their day with those in their hands
    - knows their way around a kitchen
    - knows the little things that make me happy
    - isn't afraid to live today like there might not be a tomorrow
    - someone that is willing to drink wine but can share a pitcher of beer too
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I know what you're saying. I indeed share with my mate. I was referring to the times when the girl asks what's wrong and when you say nothing they don't believe it, so they keep asking the question and the next thing you know, the two of you are in a fight over....you guessed it....nothing.

You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

to Ineedalife's first two. Have a job so you can live, don't live for your job.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread