+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite birthday memories? Share......

Favorite birthday memories? Share......

So, do you have a favorite birthday? What made it special?

Any especially memorable gifts?

I would have to say my favorite birthday was the year I turned 17. It was the first time I ever had a great surprise party! Three of my best friends threw me a party and invited alot of people. it was great, and a total surprise, also.

Probably the most special gift I've ever gotten was from my best friend in the world, Leslie (YES, Paulie, it ends in -IE!). It was the same year, she gave me a great picture of the two of us in this gorgeous frame. Nothing big or expensive, but one of those sentimental gifts you'll always remember.

15th: Dad bought me a brand-new baseball glove (which I still use - 17 years later - when I play softball). He tried to pretend he'd only bought me a book on investing, but I knew something was up.

20th: My college roommates and a bunch of friends took me to an early morning breakfast at Denny's...in my bathrobe! They woke me up and basically hustled me out the door into waiting cars. It was a blast.

25th: My wife gave me a gorgeous pewter chess set. Ever since I was little, I wanted to have a breathtaking chess set sitting out in my house. Mission accomplished.

30th: My wife and a bunch of friends took me to Hooter's for "dinner". Don't remember much of the food, but I love the picture of me in the middle of all the waitresses with my arms around the two best-looking ones.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Queen of all boards
    How about worst Birthday...This year...my husband FORGOT! Man, was he ever in for it..LOL, actually, it might be a good thing, because 50 years form now I can still say....honey, remember that year that you forgot my birthday *big sad eyes*...LMAO...okay, this is my best birthday memory!
    Life is a game, play hard.

He forgot surf? I can only imagine the fireworks.

The one I can think of right now is going to Disney Land the day I turned 10. We had a blast! My dad lost his favorite camera though. He had bought it in Vietnam when he was a newlywed. It took twice as many pictures than the roll of film said. I am not sure how that worked, but they were small pictures. Hehe! Dad still cannot stand to hear the "It's a small world after all" song.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Originally posted by Paulie
    30th: My wife and a bunch of friends took me to Hooter's for "dinner". Don't remember much of the food, but I love the picture of me in the middle of all the waitresses with my arms around the two best-looking ones.
    The two best looking, um, waitresses...right, Paulie?

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Dad still cannot stand to hear the "It's a small world after all" song.
    Feif, one question - who CAN?

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    How about worst Birthday...This year...my husband FORGOT!
    Holy cr*p! My wife's birthday is this Friday!!!!

Okay, kidding. I knew that already. Just in case she's monitoring the site or something.

Wayner, I loved that song as a kid. I was in a dance recital as a 4 yr old and It's a small world was our theme. I sang that song for years(which I am sure added to his disliking the song). The song that the wooden kids sing in Shrek reminds me so much of IASW.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast