+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What is your ONE guilty pleasure ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Just to offer a dissenting opinion, I think Krispy Kremes are overrated. Any donut tastes better if served warm. KKs aren't very good when they're cooled down.
    I second that dissenting opinion.

Krispy Kremes moved into Canada a couple of years ago to compete against Tim Horton's, currently the largest chain in Canada. A consumer TV show 'Marketplace' sampled & compared both; they found:
    - KK donuts are usually fresher and often still warm.
    - but the lab also found KK donuts have much higher sugar and fat contents than TH donuts. And when cooled, doesn't taste as good according to most testers.
    Last edited by Bill747; 08-27-2003 at 08:41 PM.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by bill
    I second that dissenting opinion.

Krispy Kremes moved into Canada a couple of years ago to compete against Tim Horton's, currently the largest chain in Canada. A consumer TV show 'Marketplace' sampled & compared both; they found:
    - KK donuts are usually fresher and often still warm.
    - but the lab also found KK donuts have much high sugar and fat contents than TH donuts. And when cooled, doesn't taste as good according to most testers.
    First off I'll have to agree that KK donuts are not the most healthy things in the world! I'll also have to agree that KK glazed donuts that are old SUCK! As far as the taste test, that could be skewed by the fact that the testers were raised on TH donuts and would naturally prefer those. TH is very big here in Columbus as they are owned by Wendy's which is headquartered here. I'm willing to bet that KK would win out in the deep south.

And I'm just going to comment that Krispy Kreme is MY guilty pleasure. If it isn't yours, cool! More for me.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Foggy Doggy
    Greenie I'm with you KK's are the most scrumptious amazing thing....and I guess are a 2nd guilty pleasure for me.

Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    And I'm just going to comment that Krispy Kreme is MY guilty pleasure. If it isn't yours, cool! More for me.
    greenie, I'll fight you on that, I've turned in my "i LOVE DUNKIN DONUTS T-SHIRT" and bought a KK one

OH MY GOD NO!

Dunkin' Donuts will always be my true love. I have 5 within one mile from me. One next door.

Fade to black
    OH MY GOD NO!

Dunkin' Donuts will always be my true love. I have 5 within one mile from me. One next door.
    How many true loves can one have? First, the Red Sox. Now Dunkin' Donuts?

Man, you get around. (Kidding, greenie, you know I wub ya)
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

OH MY GOD NO!

greenie the sad thing is, now that i moved to Randolph, I have three up the street,two across the street from each other and 1 a block away....definite over-kill java-wise

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    greenie the sad thing is, now that i moved to Randolph, I have three up the street,two across the street from each other and 1 a block away....definite over-kill java-wise
    welcome to seattle, where there are two coffee joints on every corner... and no, thats NOT an exxageration.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

In New England, especially Boston, Dunkin' Donuts is part of driving directions no matter where you go.

Take a left at the Dunkin' Donuts, and I'm two house down from the second Dunkin' Donuts.

Those are literally directions to my house.

+ Reply to Thread