+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating Faux Pas

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    The older I get, the harder it is to find a girl close to my age that doesn't already have a kid or two and an ex-husband. For someone as relatively inexperienced as I am, that's hard to deal with.

I'm the poster boy for "bad date" apparently.
    Yellow apple, you always find someone where you least expect to.

Fade to black
    The older I get, the harder it is to find a girl close to my age that doesn't already have a kid or two and an ex-husband. For someone as relatively inexperienced as I am, that's hard to deal with.
    It's completely understandable Yellow that it's hard for you to deal with. I guess it's just a personal peeve of mine that I could develop a chemistry with someone and then they shut it off because I have children. Me having children doesn't change who I am. If anything, it shows better, other sides of me.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Hazy, I almost didn't write that because of you. I honestly mean no offense, so please don't take any. I just know that there were problems that repeated themselves in relationships I had with fathers that weren't there in non-kid situations. Again, I'd like to reiterate that I don't think that fathers are bad people. Not even a little bit. I just think that in my case, it's a situation that doesn't end well.

Yellow Apple, I can totally understand where you're coming from. I would hope the person you're dating wouldn't expect you to just become a parent to their kids. They already have parents. Hopefully they would guide you along with how to deal with the situation and become great friends and role model for their kids. JMO.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Fade to black
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    Hazy, I almost didn't write that because of you. I honestly mean no offense, so please don't take any. I just know that there were problems that repeated themselves in relationships I had with fathers that weren't there in non-kid situations. Again, I'd like to reiterate that I don't think that fathers are bad people. Not even a little bit. I just think that in my case, it's a situation that doesn't end well.
    Amanda, no offense was taken. I just wanted to provide a countering viewpoint. Really, I understand where you are coming from. It's cool.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I think having children and dating opens you up to a larger conversation plataeu, I don't talk about my kids ,but I do find there are different avenues of discussion I 'm talking about that I would'nt of before.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyshadeof
    It's completely understandable Yellow that it's hard for you to deal with. I guess it's just a personal peeve of mine that I could develop a chemistry with someone and then they shut it off because I have children. Me having children doesn't change who I am. If anything, it shows better, other sides of me.
    I used to always say that I could never be with a girl that has kids, but now I just try to look at each case individually. As long as she doesn't lie about having kids (like this one girl did) and doesn't expect me to be Super Dad then I can deal with it. It's weird, but I could deal with it if I really liked the girl.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

dvm
    Get off the hate train.

No you're not! I echo Alias' sentiments, you will find someone when you least expect it , Life is funny that way.

As for the kids thing, I think that it's a harder hurdle to deal with than bad breath perhaps. But kids are a part of who you guys are and there is nothing wrong with that! Being a great, nurturing, dad is actually a HUGE turn-on for many women, myself included. If you really love a person, a solution for mild complication always turns up .

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Maybe I should borrow a kid and cruise through the mall to pick up chicks.

Any places where I can rent a kid for a few hours?
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Maybe I should borrow a kid and cruise through the mall to pick up chicks.

Any places where I can rent a kid for a few hours?
    You don't necessarily need a kid, Dogs always seem to work too!

+ Reply to Thread