+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating Faux Pas

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I think I'm beginning to see why I'm always single.

Maybe the problem really IS me...
    Awww, Yellow Apple. Don't get down. If any of these are you, then take points and learn! I think your apple is very cute.
    Who shot who in the what now?

What do you do when the dat is absolutely boring from the start?, how do you get out quick?, I need to have spontaneous fun on a date. Get the drinking ,dancing going...whatever whatever...natch!

Leo
    Premium Member
    *furiously takes notes*

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    What do you do when the dat is absolutely boring from the start?, how do you get out quick?, I need to have spontaneous fun on a date. Get the drinking ,dancing going...whatever whatever...natch!
    Don't call them back

Fade to black
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    - A guy with kids. Before any of you jump down my throat about that, I'm not saying they're bad people. They aren't. I've dated single dads before, though, and it was always a problem. I could go into long, drawn-out stories about it, but I'll spare you all.
    Being one of them "guy with kids" type of guys, I can understand where you're coming from here Amanda. I get it a lot. Really, a LOT. But the last thing I'm ever going to do is hide the fact that I have children. I don't think the fact that at the age of 33, that I was once married and have children should be an issue. What should be an issue is who and what I am as a person. I don't think that being a single dad is an issue for everyone (or for that matter a single mom), but it does take a special kind of person to be able to deal with it and not bring negative aspects about it into a new relationship, so I can understand where the negative connotations come from, especially when it's usually more predominant for that to be the case. But there are some good ones out there. I swear!
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Dating can only be good if you know how to relax and have fun with it. Don't stress out before a date, no matter how "HOT" he or she is. It is a game, roll with it.Games always end remember?

You know, I never got nervous before dates or while I was on dates. I just thought I would be myself. I think that's why I always got set up on blind dates because friends knew I could hold a conversation and have a fun time. I think that's key. Just experience the situation and be yourself. I always believe I would have a great time.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Quote Originally Posted by hazyshadeof
    Being one of them "guy with kids" type of guys, I can understand where you're coming from here Amanda. I get it a lot. Really, a LOT. But the last thing I'm ever going to do is hide the fact that I have children. I don't think the fact that at the age of 33, that I was once married and have children should be an issue. What should be an issue is who and what I am as a person. I don't think that being a single dad is an issue for everyone (or for that matter a single mom), but it does take a special kind of person to be able to deal with it and not bring negative aspects about it into a new relationship, so I can understand where the negative connotations come from, especially when it's usually more predominant for that to be the case. But there are some good ones out there. I swear!
    I am right there with you Hazy, my kids are my life, if someone can't accept that......later!

Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    You know, I never got nervous before dates or while I was on dates. I just thought I would be myself. I think that's why I always got set up on blind dates because friends knew I could hold a conversation and have a fun time. I think that's key. Just experience the situation and be yourself. I always believe I would have a great time.
    Greenie.....

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?

The kids thing...

The older I get, the harder it is to find a girl close to my age that doesn't already have a kid or two and an ex-husband. For someone as relatively inexperienced as I am, that's hard to deal with.

I'm the poster boy for "bad date" apparently.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

+ Reply to Thread