+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating Faux Pas

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I have no tolerance for men who are rude to waiters/waitresses and animals. :nono

Someone who can't give someone a break and believes everyone is out to get them. Grrr
    Who shot who in the what now?

Deal-Breakers:

- A guy with kids. Before any of you jump down my throat about that, I'm not saying they're bad people. They aren't. I've dated single dads before, though, and it was always a problem. I could go into long, drawn-out stories about it, but I'll spare you all.

- Dumb guys. They don't have to be a Mensa member, but they have to be able to form an opinion, and argue it well. They absolutely do NOT have to agree with me on stuff like politics and religion, but if they're going to debate me, they have to be able to hold their own.

- Guys with no sense of humor. Or, to be more exact, guys with a sense of humor really different from mine. If they like slap-sticky, physical comedy (a la Chris Farley), that's fine - they just need to go like it with someone else.

- Guys who expect me to change somehow after getting together with them. I'll change when I'm ready to change, if ever. Probably never.

- Guys who can't be brutally honest. I know everyone fibs now and then. I do too. But if I'm constantly catching little white lies, the trust is gone, and so am I.

- Guys who have hidden misogynistic leanings. I can't tell you people how many guys have underestimated me. It could be a conversation about politics, sports, whatever. The fact that they were at all surprised that I knew what I was talking about was a turn-off -- and very telling.

On the other hand, I'm totally fine with a lot of things that many women dislike. Body hair? Eh, I don't care. Great looking? Nice bonus, but it means basically nothing to me. Lots of money? Good for you, but I'm more comfortable making my own, or at least contributing. Sitting around in your underwear playing video games? Good, that makes two of us.

I have no tolerance for people who spill their drinks everywhere

Fade to black
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    Someone who can't give someone a break and believes everyone is out to get them. Grrr

They are. All of em. See. Look. They want to get me. Helpppppp meeeeeeeee!

a big to the rude to people thing, not just waiters/waitresses - people in general. If my date doesn't show a kindness towards others that's a big clue.
    Last edited by hazyshadeof; 08-19-2003 at 09:49 AM.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    what about when you go out with someone who turns into nothing but a tease and keeps it up?
    At that point, you've gotta stop and be up front with her and ask her what the deal is

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    At that point, you've gotta stop and be up front with her and ask her what the deal is
    HHMMMM.... MAYBE I WILL.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyshadeof
    They are. All of em. See. Look. They want to get me. Helpppppp meeeeeeeee!

a big to the rude to people thing, not just waiters/waitresses - people in general. If my date doesn't show a kindness towards others that's a big clue.
    AMEN!

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I think I'm beginning to see why I'm always single.

Maybe the problem really IS me...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    Deal-Breakers:

- A guy with kids. Before any of you jump down my throat about that, I'm not saying they're bad people. They aren't. I've dated single dads before, though, and it was always a problem. I could go into long, drawn-out stories about it, but I'll spare you all.

- Dumb guys. They don't have to be a Mensa member, but they have to be able to form an opinion, and argue it well. They absolutely do NOT have to agree with me on stuff like politics and religion, but if they're going to debate me, they have to be able to hold their own.

- Guys with no sense of humor. Or, to be more exact, guys with a sense of humor really different from mine. If they like slap-sticky, physical comedy (a la Chris Farley), that's fine - they just need to go like it with someone else.

- Guys who expect me to change somehow after getting together with them. I'll change when I'm ready to change, if ever. Probably never.

- Guys who can't be brutally honest. I know everyone fibs now and then. I do too. But if I'm constantly catching little white lies, the trust is gone, and so am I.

- Guys who have hidden misogynistic leanings. I can't tell you people how many guys have underestimated me. It could be a conversation about politics, sports, whatever. The fact that they were at all surprised that I knew what I was talking about was a turn-off -- and very telling.

On the other hand, I'm totally fine with a lot of things that many women dislike. Body hair? Eh, I don't care. Great looking? Nice bonus, but it means basically nothing to me. Lots of money? Good for you, but I'm more comfortable making my own, or at least contributing. Sitting around in your underwear playing video games? Good, that makes two of us.
    AWESOME Points Amanda

+ Reply to Thread