+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rebel against "engagement rings".

Just as soon as we can get the custom gurney built so she'll have somewhere to lay her diamond-laden hand when she walks around.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    I was rather surprised when my honey whipped out the ring when he proposed...its a 3.4 carat yellow diamond, flawless Its princess cut and has four tiny white diamonds channeled set on each set. It truly is purty... I gave him a 42 inch plasma tv . So we are both happy...Well im happier..I have the ring, the tv, him and my two boston terriers Lulu and hoppy!!!
    I Actually would have been happy with a plain platinum band. So many females I know make such a fuss over the size of the stone...geez..when i got engaged...and showed my co-workers the ring..comments ranged from..."you got a good one" (I know) to "damn...is it big enough?" to "Oh i hate yellow diamonds.." WOmen can be soooo catty.
    Sounds like a beautiful ring.

A good friend of mine back home had a 3 carat ring. We worked together, and before we became friends I thought it was fake. I think that's the only downside of having one that large. Of course, once I got to know her, I realized that she was the type of person who would NEVER wear a fake. I love the girl to death, but she takes materialistic to a whole new level.

I really like the idea of buying something for the guy in addition to receiving a ring. Who says that the female should be the only one to have something celebrating the engagement?

I think there is a tradition where the woman buys the guy a watch. Is that something I just made up in my head?
    Who shot who in the what now?

Fade to black
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    Is that something I just made up in my head?
    It wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Well shhhh, don't tell my boyfriend.

Shoot let me recall that email I just sent him Miss F!

(and hazy, )
    Who shot who in the what now?

Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    I think there is a tradition where the woman buys the guy a watch. Is that something I just made up in my head?
    No, you didn't just make it up. That was mentioned to me by several people when we got engaged so I went and got him a very nice dress watch for the Christmas after we got engaged.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    I am a girl and I like diamonds, big and shiny! Yep, I love that he would invest in something that says to the world and to me that I am worth it!
    Awww who am I kidding? I just think diamonds, big, small, square, shape or round are amazing and I love em! Want to wear a huge one on my hand and then have some to wear in my ears and around my neck for special occasions, everyday, a bracelet if I think about it!
    Yep, I am one of those, can't explain it but I am a diamond LOVER! I wouldn't love my SO any less for the size, or price! Given my choice I would pick the big one every day!
    Me too, firegirl. After all, diamonds are a girl's best friend, aren't they? Just kiddin!
    *Lacey

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    Just to play devil's advocate for a second here - for those of you who said that they really like the look of diamonds (and I count myself as one of those people as well), how do you feel about the manufactured ones? I know a woman who has a diamonique (sp?) tennis bracelet from QVC, and I'll tell you - without a loupe, you aren't going to be able to tell the difference. Would you feel cheated if you were presented with one of those?
    I have been debating with that thought for about a year. I've been with my boyfriend for almost 5 years and have talked about getting married but aren't officially engaged. I haven't actually seen one of these new manufactured diamonds but if they're as close looking to the real ones as that article and some posters had said, I think it's definitely an option I'd consider. For some reason if I'd decide not to, I probably would end up getting a different type stone though rather than a diamond. I do like the way diamonds look, but the "blood wars" really bothers me. Pretty much the same reasons on why I wouldn't buy fur.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Actually the Sierra Lione diamonds are pretty rare, and as I understand it are chemically or structurally identifiable.
    Just get something you like , after all you have to look at it every day.
    Moisannite or Signitys are the best manufactured ones. Signitys are a bit better looking IMHO and no wonder, as they are are manufactured by the same group as does Svarovski crystal.

+ Reply to Thread