+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: When to stop trick or treating?

Well, my 12 year old is planning on going.

I'm guessing most kids lose interest at 12 or 13. Frankly I don't care, I'll hand out candy to anyone who shows up and yells Trick or Treat.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I'm 13, and I have plans to go with my friend around our neighborhood tomorrow. With our younger siblings.

FORT Fogey
    I went until about Grade 7 or 8, but I was deprived as a young child, as I lived in downtown Toronto, and my parents didn't really want me going out... so when we moved to Manitoba, it was much safer....

holy cow your only 13 sg...i really got to get my age reader fixed

ok after that little tid bit...our tot night was tonight i dnt think anyone over the age of 11 showed (but then my age reader is broke) any ways...its hard to belive...When i was little these streats were swarming...oh and highschool kids were going out...actualy wearing costums so have to give them some credit. but man...i dont think our doorbell rang more then 15 times this night. and i know there are little kids in this area....so where the heck are they all going now....where ever it is i wish i knew the good spot when i was little LOL
    Last edited by DisFUNctional; 10-30-2004 at 11:58 PM.

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    i really don't care what your age is...just as long you make an attempt to dress up. last year, there were more kids coming dressed in regular clothes than costume. but what really gets me is not one of the kids in regular clothes said "trick or treat & thank you" they just walked up on my front porch and shoved their pillow cases at me. :phhht
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

I think after elementary school you should quit. Fifth or Sixth grade should be the limit. I handed out candy to a group that looked 16. I think that is ridiculous.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

ahh to remember those days....sinif no 16 year olds for me to tease this year *snif*...i wanted to tell them how cute their costumes were. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I think after elementary school you should quit. Fifth or Sixth grade should be the limit. I handed out candy to a group that looked 16. I think that is ridiculous.
    If they are wearing a costume and not causing any trouble, I don't see what the problem is. If they want to go out and have fun trick or treating, I say why not.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    If they are wearing a costume and not causing any trouble, I don't see what the problem is. If they want to go out and have fun trick or treating, I say why not.
    here here

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Yeah.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast