+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: When to stop trick or treating?

I also say around 12.

But I liked Feifer's ammendment to older kids who are taking little ones out. They should also get tossed some candy.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I think the max age should be 13 unless they are accompanying a younger sibling
    RandysMom
    Don't Dream It....BE IT

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I'll probably give it up this year, but I'm not making any promises.
    Paulie, if you show up at my door more than once, I don't care if you're in a different costume, pal; one visit per customer!

I think 13 is about right. And I agree with the comment made about the older kids taking their siblings around.

Wayner

Yep, 10 to 12 is the right age to stop. Agree with the amendment. Too bad my little sister isn't youg enough to take anymore. Though I DID get to trick or treat until I was 16. I would take sis as SOON as we got home from school, and then go to parties that night.

I think when you get large enough to be intimidating because of your size and manner, as well as when you are running with your pack, rather than parents.

Holloween ends for me when the little tykes are done, around 7 or 7:30 the last few years.

12 or 13 seems a reasonable limit to me, age wise.

hmm i dont think i stoped till i was 14 maybe 15, several of us got together and went house to house...it was our own party...but we were always nice to the little ones. I even gave half my candy away LMAO. tho the year after that...or so...i cant remember i had the best time riding in the back of a poice cruzer handing out candy...couldnt convice the cop to let me wear an orage jumper to scare the kids. Though what was desterbing was the several times we had to stop for trouble from older kids....(it was a small town) I swear i saw 12 year olds walking around with out parents looking sluty...Im talking horible...*shakes head* i dont think it should be as much of an age issue...tho it should be considered if a 20 year old is standing at the door with out anyone younger you should be wondering but most of what should matter is how the kids handel themselves for weither or not they are "to old" Like i said...when i went when i was older i gave half mine over to the younger kids...as did most of my friends. tho idont think the parents were to pleased LOL their kid got like twice as much candy then expected. but here is a good idea...if you do get a teen at your door dont deni them candy that just gives you a clean up job the next morn.

Ok, I hadn't originally planned to go trick-or-treating this year (I haven't went since I was in 4th grade). But I've decided to accompany my younger friend (she's 12). She owes me lots of candy anyway.

Otherwise I wouldn't trick-or-treat, and nor would I give out candy either.
    Gustav Holst was right!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    My Kids had no interest in it after about sixth grade . I just hate answering the door to kids bigger than I am. There were some kids heartily embarassed when my kids answered the door and were handing out the candy to some same aged classmates.

"here you go little one, niiiice costume" No they weren't very subtle.

FORT Fogey
    Well, I went last year when I was 14 with 2 friends and their younger brothers (4 and 6) They got tired after about an hour, so we droppedthem off at home and went for another 1/2 hour. I think that as long as teenagers dress up and travel in smallish groups and are well behaved its okay to still go trick or treating. I could see people getting annoyed when they have to give out candy to 15 teenagers at a time.

This year I am going again with the same friends and little brothers. This year, I think me and my friends will just hang back and steal some of the kids candy while they sleep.

Age 12, tops.

Once a kid is in Jr. high, it's time to quit.

But personally, I don't understand trick or treating anyway. I mean, we tell kids not to talk to strangers, don't take candy from strangers, etc, but then there's an entire holiday that revolves around going to the doors of complete strangers & asking for candy. WTH?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast