+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What games do you play with your pets?

OneTVslave! Hilarious and interesting. It makes me think of a quote that goes something like, "Dogs think, "he feeds me. He takes care of me. He must be God." Cats think, "he takes care of me, he feeds me. I must be God."

Anyhow, all these really funny stories make me wish I had pets. *sigh* I enjoy reading them even though I can't contribute.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

At one point we had cats that we thought were going to be indoor cats. They had other ideas in the long run. We were on a farm. Anyway, we thought we'd take them for a walk with a harness. Same result as the string around the middle. They fell on their sides and stayed there! It was the funniest thing!
    We'd come home from work and find the Siamese sitting on the front porch waiting to come back in - after we'd left them in the house in the morning. We finally found that he'd pushed the corner of a screen out behind a curtain which was behind a fish tank. Smartest cat I ever had. Which cannot be said of the Siamese I've had for the last 5 years. Where "What's he thinking" is the ultimate oxymoron!
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

My cats have this game where they like to play catch.... yes, cats.... playing catch. Ok only one actually retrives it, the other likes to take the ball nd put it in the food bowl.... but we are working on it.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    My cats have this game where they like to play catch.... yes, cats.... playing catch. Ok only one actually retrives it, the other likes to take the ball nd put it in the food bowl.... but we are working on it.
    As in "Who's training who here?". My husband likes to say "Look I've taught the cat to talk!" Duh, it's a Siamese who probably thinks he's taught my husband to talk. (If he was to have a thought).
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Miss Filangi - another Jellicle cat! What a sweetiepie! I love black & white cats.

Tracylee - you were talking about smart vs. dumb cats... I have 2 cats and with us it's not that one is smarter, but my Siamese is definitely an "old soul" who you would swear sometimes can read your mind. Our calico seems like she's just starting on her 9 lives - she's a little more babyish, needs more attention and gets jealous easily.

Both cats play this game with my 3-yr-old daughter and 18-month-old nephew: our house has a circular path from the kitchen to the living room to the dining room to the kitchen. The cats will let the kids chase them around this circle, somehow trotting just fast enough to stay out of reach but they slow down so that they're always in sight. They never let themselves be caught and it drives the kids nuts. Eventually, they are giggling so much they detour and run onto my daughter's bed and tackle each other (the kids, not the cats).
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    BUMP

Our cat, Kudo, he likes to play Hide 'N Seek! I kid you not. Zaaam started the game with him where you go to walk by him and poke him with your finger (like tag! you're it!) and then she runs into the other room and hides. He waits a second to "give her time" to hide and suddenly he's running full force to go and look for her!! If he can't find you right away and you hop out and go "BOO!", he'll let out a lil cry...like "Aaaaahhh!" It's REALLY funny to watch them running back and forth through the house. When he finds her, he turns and runs into the other room with his tail all high and excited, like a little kid afraid of getting "caught".

Another game that Kudo "plays" is Airport Run! This one started when we were getting packed up to go out of town and a mini suitcase was sitting on the ground. He always lies in it and never moves...so we pulled out the long handle so we could roll him around the house. He won't get off the suitcase for the life of him!! So, we'll run through the house pretending that we're trying to catch our plane on time! He just clings on and has his ears all back as if he's going the speed of light!
    It's really honestly the funniest thing I think I've ever seen! "Ohhh noooo!!! Kudooo, come on!! Our plane is leaving in 5 minutes!!" and we run as fast as we can, pulling him behind! Sometimes it'll tip over and he'll still hang on!

One other thing he does is..well, I think he's just "getting back at me" for torturing him...but if I'm sitting with my feet up, he'll suddenly, out of NOWHERE...leap at my foot and grab it and bite my big toe!!! Then he runs off!! My heart skips a beat because it ALWAYS scares the bajeebus out of me! It happens a lot too. Zaaam says it's because of me. If he and I are walking past each other somewhere in the house, I'll push him down (onto his side) and "shoot" him in his belly while making a shooting noise! It always makes him "freak out", it looks like it actually tickles him because of the way he'll roll his head around with his mouth wide open! Then I just walk away..as if nothing happened.

I actually miss him right now. He's the best lil buddy ever!!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    My cat plays a game where he rubs against you, and you better pay attention to me and pet him or he'll bite your leg."

Kudo looks like this hi moo
    He also likes to outstare Maveno and when she stares at him Kudo makes her flinch and I laugh
    one of the cutest things is that Kudo snores when he sleeps
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    OMG! That's him!! :sob

He makes me flinch ONLY because he flinches towards me, like he's going to pounce on my face!!!!! (but he doesn't...it just scares the shiat outta me!!) To ME, that's cheating, so he never wins!!

Forgot about THAT game....
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

My cat plays hide-and-seek, too. If she sees you coming down the hall, she'll hide behind the hope chest in the exercise room. If you stop in the doorway, and say "where's Cali?", she'll meow quietly. If you say "I don't see her, where is she?" she'll jump out at you and meow really loudly. It's really pretty freaky and funny.

She also likes to play "figure out when dad's just about to get up, and jump on his lap." I think she can tell when the coffee cup's empty in the morning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast