+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What games do you play with your pets?

FORT Fogey
    October, I know they look so busy and it is hysterical that a full grown dog is getting a major workout just running around on the bed!

Fade to black
    I used to have this little tiny fuzzy ball that came off a girlfriends jacket. My black cat, Schroeder, that I adopted from an ex, used to play fetch with it. I would throw it into the kitchen and watch him run with reckless abandon, slide across the floor, get the ball and bring it back to me in his mouth, dropping it on the floor in front of me. If we ever watched TV in the living room, he would actually bring the ball to us so we would play with him. Sadly, we lost the ball when we moved and have now resorted to ice cream sandwich wrappers folded up into small squares. It's not the same.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

My computer was down all day and I finally get back online to all these funny stories! Who knew a fuzz ball could be such entertainment to cats?

Amanda, I had to laugh about the catnip. We had to ban catnip toys from our house because while one cat ignored them entirely, my little Siamese (the 13yearold) turned into a drooling, rubbing junkie. She would make this funny 1/2 purr 1/2 mating call and rub against the toy until it ended up under a couch or somewhere, sending her into a panic attack. She would drool so much there would be wet patches on the rug.

John - What's a slider? Ignoring your offerings, drinking from the faucet - sounds like she's training you up real nice. That's just what they do.

Cali - I want to see that photo! Your kitty sounds like a sweetie.

Kiwi (my little Siamese) used to play with us sooo much, but when we got our second cat (Nutmeg, calico) she showed us what real cat play was about. She didn't play with us after that - except for making the bed game.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I figure I ruined my chances of getting a photo of Jack in the corner... at least for a few days.

You see, I cleaned up yesterday so my floor would actually look decent if I were to get a photo soon. As soon as the house is a wreck again he'll probablly sit in the corner all day

as soon as I get a photo though, I promise to post it.... even if my floor is a disaster
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

slider = sliding glass doors

The first couple of night we had our cat (Cali is her name, no relation to the mod), she would sleep on the bed with us (she won't any more), and if you moved at all during the night under the blanket, she'd wrap all 4 legs around your foot and start nibbling. Kind of annoying when you roll over at 3am, and suddenly you've got a cat on the hook.

Okay, nobody asked me for a picture of my little guys (does calling them "my little guys" make me a crazy cat lady?), but this one, taken last night after they "fought", was cute, so I'm posting it anyway.

You guys should be thankful that I don't have children, because I'd probably be posting pictures left and right. Digital cameras can be dangerous.

My favorite game with my dog is Boo. I say Boo and he goes running like a maniac around the house. When he stops I say Boo and he starts all over again. Other than that he has a couple of sqeaky frogs that he will fetch.

[IMG]images/img/AvBubbleGumCosmo.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]images/img/AvBubbleGumCosmo2.jpg[/IMG]

He is also a balloon fiend. These pictures make him look like he is blowing bubbles with gum. Hehe!
    Last edited by Feifer; 08-14-2003 at 01:46 PM.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Feifer - oh my god that was funny! I was already thinking bubblegum before I read what you wrote.

I put Nut back in my avatar. I had to laugh about your floor, Cali, I thought I was the only one who had to think like that. I've been known to throw a quilt over a mess to take a quick baby or kitty picture.

John, wait until the weather turns cold, you'll find that calico back in your bed. They turn all cuddly when they need our body warmth.

Hep, I wouldn't mind it, really. She doesn't seem to like the fan we have running at night in the bedroom for background noise, even though it's not pointed anywhere near the bed.

But just the last week or so, she's gotten in the habit of lounging on my lap while I work on the computer in the morning. She's not really a lap cat otherwise. We've only had her about 2-3 months, so I'm hoping this means she's getting more comfortable with us.

Aww, that's so sweet. My cats gave up the lap long ago in favor of the keyboard or top of the monitor. Some cats never get too cuddly (they're not dogs, after all) but it sounds like little Cali will be a people cat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast