+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What games do you play with your pets?

I thought the subject line of this thread was, "What games do you play with your pants?" I was understandably curious...

Anyway, as you were.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    My 9 year old cat, Ol' Thum, loves playing with strings and pens, cahsing them around and batting them around.

He also likes hopping in and out of cardboard boxes time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I really need to get a photo of him when he sits in the corner. He has a spot (where the dog lays a lot) that he will just sit in, but he's facing the corner so it looks like he's being punished.
    I seriously have tears from laughing so much reading about your poor, blind cat.

My cat finds the most bizarre places to sleep as well, usually facing the wall.

Jughead, my sister's cat is notorious for his cardboard box fetish. Not only will he play in them, sleep in them and hide in them, he EATS them. He'll chew on the cardboard, just yank on pieces, and spits it out. He's a weirdo.

FORT Fogey
    My little yorkie plays w/her food, just takes a piece and runs in the room then sort of tosses it up in the air then runs around it sort of woffing at it. She will play with grapes too like a little ball. She loves to sort of romp all over the bed and if I scratch my nails on the sheet under the blanket she goes crazy digging and trying to tunnel under to get my hand. She also has this little round sort of bed and she will get it turned upside down on herself and run in the room it looks like a mushroom w/legs.

She will also bounce just straight up and down real high like Tigger, in the window by the front door when she hears you coming home. I love to just stand there and watch her. We make up things she might be saying as she bounces up from behind the window it is hilarious because she won't stop and it is just like boing, boing, boing, and she is soooo tiny and I just have to go out and come in again to see her do it!

Our cat has recently taken up the habit of chewing on clear plastic bags. Only clear ones, and only plastic. There happened to be a ziploc bag at her level the other day, and she spent several days just putting her teeth through it over and over again. Then, she found our bag of bird seed, and did the same thing all along the top edge of it. It's strange, I tell ya.

She also has started refusing to drink from her dish. Instead, she wants to jump up on the bathroom counter while you're in there, and turn the water on slightly in the faucet. She'll climb in the sink and drink from the faucet. That can't be good, right?

Well John, at least that's clear and fresh water. I used to cat sit for a cat who did something similar. Samantha was about 6 YO. If the water was trickling just so, she would drink from it.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    She also has started refusing to drink from her dish. Instead, she wants to jump up on the bathroom counter while you're in there, and turn the water on slightly in the faucet. She'll climb in the sink and drink from the faucet. That can't be good, right?
    John, try this thing:
    http://www.vetventures.com/dpf.asp

My cats were faucet-drinkers too, but that thing has cured them of it.

Also, my tabby likes to chew on plastic bags too. I looked it up once. Some non-vet site suggested that it might be a teeth problem, other sites just chalked it up to "some cats like plastic."

FORT Fogey
    My cat is soo lazy. Its unbelievable. Anyways, when she's in a playful mood I get out a laser pointer and she will chase that. My dad, who does not like cats, will get the laser pointer and make her run around in circles, or put the light on the wall and make her jump to get it.

My cat also eats spiders. And moths. blech.

Kitty also has a fixation with cardboard boxes. It's fun to try to put your cat in a box with packing peanuts. She thought it was water or something and she spread out her legs and wouldn't let me put her in.

We spoil Kitty so much. We started giving her drinks from the faucet when we first got her, and now she rarely drinks from her bowl. However, she has learned that if she meows, eventually one of us will take her to get a drink out of the faucet. I suppose she likes to play games with us because I will take her into the bathroom to get a drink and then she won't even go near the sink. She'll just look at me with those eyes, and I can tell shes laughing at me. "hahahaha, now who's the owner, huh? You will do my bidding!"

I see I'm not the only cat freak! My parents had a pair of 6 month old cats when I was born and they slept with me in the crib all the time. The only time I've not lived with cats was in the dorms in college.

I have two now that are 5 1/2 years old. A barn cat and a 3/4 Siamese 1/4 Himalayan. They wrestle all the time and play tag. There's always head tapping involved.
    The Siamese, Tobiko loves to shred paper. Bags and newspapers are his specialties, but he'll shred boxes, too. We had to put the dry food in a plastic tub because the barn cat, Tigger, started chewing his way through the bag.
    Tigger likes a variety of water. We have a cat fountain for them, but he still wants it cleaned every day. He loves fresh water with an ice cube in a clean custard cup in the sink. He drinks sprinkler water and dew off the ivy in the mornings. He just loves water!
    Laser pointers make great cat toys, but they seem to love imaginary spots on the carpet the best. Does anyone know where I can get more of those? They keep losing them under the couch!
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    She loves to sort of romp all over the bed and if I scratch my nails on the sheet under the blanket she goes crazy digging and trying to tunnel under to get my hand.
    My son likes to do this with our little dog, too, she goes wild, bouncing up and down and digging...it's cute and pretty funny!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast