+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 585 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116166566 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

Originally posted by John
    Wow, Broken, that's one heckuva sig line...It kind of overpowers the message it's accompanying, don't you think?
    is this better john??? everything i do around here seems to be wrong somehow. starting to feel as if i've worn out "my" .
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

If I only had a brain! dorothytwister's Avatar
    Hey B-P, don't be too sensitive. JOhn was just trying to make sure your real voice was heard, not just your sig. which I like, BTW, Is it a quote of someone famous, or something wonderful from your own mind?

no, my mind's not that wonderful. it's a quote from ani difranco, a musician. and, thanks for being so kind. i guess i am overly sensitive sometimes, but i don't think my little quote was any more overpowering than a huge dragon flying across the screen. oh well.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Sorry BP, I wasn't trying to be insulting. I was giving you a verbal "joking poke in the ribs", but I'm sorry, it didn't come out like that. I apologize for that.

And I agree, the dragon's a bit over the top, too

it's ok, john. i think i was just having a moment. i've never watched much tv, and i've NEVER watched a reality show before "joe", and i've never posted on any sort of forum... so, this is all really new to me, and i guess i've been playing around too much with the avs and sigs. it's just too much fun.

and, btw, dorothy - that is ani difranco in my av.

Mine is the cover to The Count of Monte Cristo. Just showing some love to one of my favorite recent movies.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Had to put on a pic of my favorite nascar driver! (Jeff Gordon)

Broken, I'm embarrassed to say, I've never listened to Tori. Seems like she has a few fans here! I'm not sure I even know of any songs of hers.

Doroty, love your av. My godson is on a wizard of oz kick right now. I was tired of all the movies he watches, so I pulled out wizard, and he absolutely loves it. I've been thinking of putting on a sig line from something the scarecrow says in the movie, but I wasn't sure if anyone would be offended by it... something about how some people without brains do an awful lot of talking. Figured I'd offend somebody.

I chose my Avatar cause` my nickname is ULFMaNN and ULF meens WOLF in Viking laguage
    Peace

My avatar comes from the cover to the novel "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson.

"Snow Crash" is perhaps the best cyberpunk novel ever, better than William Gibson's "Neuromancer", imho. (Yes, I've read it.)

The story revolves around the world's last renegade samurai/hacker/programmer/punk rocker/pizza delivery driver Hiro Protagonist.

It also predicted the rise of Internet chat, Internet romance, corporate control of the Internet, the popularity of online gaming, Internet advertising and the decline of independent programmers.

The most amazing thing is, Stephenson made these predictions in bloody 1992, when most people hadn't even HEARD of the Internet.

Try it. I think you might like it.

If you like it, you can also try "Cryptonomicon" and the soon-to-be-released followup "Quicksilver."

Oh, and welcome, ULFmaNN.

"...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

lol yeah thx
    Peace

+ Reply to Thread