+ Reply to Thread
Page 582 of 586 FirstFirst ... 82482532572573574575576577578579580581582583584585586 LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 5851
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

Kelis in the music video for Brave.

I think she's absolutely beautiful in that video and I love the song.

And yes it's the same Kelis that did "Milkshake". Completely different view on that one.

I change mine from time to time ... and the current one is so we never, ever forget.

The one I had just recently was a humming bird ... and I just love them. I have only seen a few of them in my lifetime and it is always a thrill for me.
    inthegarden and Eastcoastmom like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I like to change my avatars to reflect the seasons or special holidays coming up, but my current one is to honor the memory of my beloved stepson who perished at the age of 22 while working on the 100th floor of the North tower at the World Trade Center in NYC. He had been at his job, post-college, for just about a year and was getting applications ready for graduate school. He wanted to make his mark in the business world. He wanted to make a lot of money, and work in the business world for 20 years or so. Then he planned a second career as a city school teacher. He wanted to give back to the city he loved so much. He was definitely a city kid. He and his girlfriend volunteered their time most Saturdays with an organization called NYC Cares. They would paint school rooms or do whatever was needed. He was an EXTRA ordinary person with a killer sense of humor. He was kind, loving, and generous to a fault, keenly intelligent, and loved God, his family and his friends. His death left a huge void not only in our lives, but in the lives of the many, many people who loved him.
    Punkin, nennie and inthegarden like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I like to change my avatars to reflect the seasons or special holidays coming up, but my current one is to honor the memory of my beloved stepson who perished at the age of 22 while working on the 100th floor of the North tower at the World Trade Center in NYC. He had been at his job, post-college, for just about a year and was getting applications ready for graduate school. He wanted to make his mark in the business world. He wanted to make a lot of money, and work in the business world for 20 years or so. Then he planned a second career as a city school teacher. He wanted to give back to the city he loved so much. He was definitely a city kid. He and his girlfriend volunteered their time most Saturdays with an organization called NYC Cares. They would paint school rooms or do whatever was needed. He was an EXTRA ordinary person with a killer sense of humor. He was kind, loving, and generous to a fault, keenly intelligent, and loved God, his family and his friends. His death left a huge void not only in our lives, but in the lives of the many, many people who loved him.
    Oh ECM. What a terrible, terrible loss ... only 22 years old! I am so sorry that he, you and your family experienced that awful ordeal.
    They weren't just buildings! This touched and continues to touch so many.

That is a beautiful tribute to a beautiful young man. With it you have touched me. Thank you for sharing him with us.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

ECM, your story always gets to me. I think this is the third year since I have "known" you that I have seen his picture at this time of year. His smile in the picture always makes me smile (and he was very cute), and then I am sad that such a beautiful soul, along with way too many others, was taken away from us so senselessly and too soon. Hugs.
    Punkin and Eastcoastmom like this.

I'm so sorry for the void you and your men feel having him in heaven, rather than here on Earth, with you. I hope it comforts you that he was happy and living a good and purposeful life. He sounds like an absolutely wonderful young man.

Eastcoastmom likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

A reminder that things can always be worse!

maggie.jpg
    Punkin and stacerace76 like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I liked Maggie.

I don't recall Maggie.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Winner of BB 6. The Friendship/Nerd Herd. Them vs Janelle. She was the nurse. Her in-game partner was Cappy.

+ Reply to Thread