+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

Changed from Phillip to Survivor Vanuatu's Chris after watching that season again and having my worship grow

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

this one is my 3 year old granddaughter blowing bubbles. my son texted me the pic a couple of weeks ago and i absolutely fell in love with it, as if i had any more reason to adore my little ones!

(for those of you who have known me here over the years ... i now have FOUR grandchildren! three girls, ages 6 1/2, 5, 3 1/2 and a boy, 9 months)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke View Post
    this one is my 3 year old granddaughter blowing bubbles. my son texted me the pic a couple of weeks ago and i absolutely fell in love with it, as if i had any more reason to adore my little ones!

(for those of you who have known me here over the years ... i now have FOUR grandchildren! three girls, ages 6 1/2, 5, 3 1/2 and a boy, 9 months)
    She is absolutely precious!

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke View Post

She's a beauty BFD!

barefootdyke - Your granddaughter is beautiful and congratulations on the new grandson.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

cutie
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I wish I knew how to enlarge my avatar but this new one is a goof. My son recently spent 6 weeks in France and sent me this photo of him posing as the Mona Lisa. I called it the "MichaelLisa."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

My current avatar is some artwork I did. I took an art class a few summers ago and we had to do a perspective painting one week. I did two versions of this--one using plain brushstrokes and one using a stipple technique.

Regular version

Stipple version
    Last edited by pikachu; 08-05-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Cootie likes this.

My current avatar is the logo of HaMerotz LaMillion, the Israeli version of The Amazing Race. I have been watching on YT and it's pretty good.

Wow I last posted in this thread last year? Doesn't seem that long ago.

Anyway, I have a lot of avatars for many different occasions so instead of posting every time I change I'll list why I have the usual ones that I have.

Lately I have the two avatars pikachu made for me (Penner's Fantastic Four and Junkyard Royalty) for the Survivor and TAR pool games, avatar being a sign of worship during the respective shows. The Haddaway one I used because I have lately been obsessed with his song. Contestants I worship become avatars often, like Queen Kirstie on DWTS and the Greek Goddesses on Big Brother. When I don't feel any one way or another I use Coach, which for me is my default. Uh, I had one of me once. That was short lived. And now I also have one of Anne Frank. I first used it on June 12, which would be her birthday, and just felt like using it again. I don't remember what else.

+ Reply to Thread