+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

MRD

Re: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2822137;
    It's a shame hubby will be away for your anniversary, MRD. You'll just have to celebrate when he returns. The picture looks great!
    We had a nice day out yesterday actually.

I'm spending my anniversary having dinner with a friend tomorrow.

Thank you about the photo.That's always been one of my favorite pictures from our wedding. We got married on a 2 deck paddlewheel boat at sunset. It was really cool. That photo was from the outside deck of the boat.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2822135;
    Hubby left today for a week in Lumberton, NC for business. Tomorrow is our anniversary, so I thought since I'm on FORT so much, I'd use a wedding photo and it would be like he's here with me this week.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MYROSIEDOG!!
    What a wonderful photo. I love that you were married on a paddleboat at sunset! Have a great dinner with your friend, and celebrate when your hubby returns!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2822147;

Thank you about the photo.That's always been one of my favorite pictures from our wedding. We got married on a 2 deck paddlewheel boat at sunset. It was really cool. That photo was from the outside deck of the boat.
    You two look like Jack and Rose from Titanic......except without the tragic ending of course .........Cheers to 19 more!
    CYA

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2824476;
    You two look like Jack and Rose from Titanic......except without the tragic ending of course .........Cheers to 19 more!
    Ha! Thanks. Would have been a fun bow shot like that, but this was years before the movie came out.

Thanks everyone. Someone asked me our "secret". I dont' think we have one. But I think that several things have contributed that worked for US.

We were friends first before we started dating, so we knew the "real" person without all that awkward getting to know you while attracted to you stuff.
    We were older when we got married. I was almost 26 and he was 28, so we'd kind of gotten the wildness out of our system by then. (SO many of our friends got married right out of high school or early 20's).
    We respect each other and also feel very secure about the other with no jealousy.
    He contributes to the house without expecting me to do it all.
    He hates confrontation, so we avoid a lot of arguments, but we do talk a lot.
    He's my best friend and we have many things we like to do together.
    And we don't feel the need to constantly be glued to each other's side or in constant contact. (this one was based on a couple we knew that if they were apart, were ALWAYS on the cell phone to each other to know what the other one was doing. They talked 4-5 times per day while at work, etc. and it used to drive us all batty if we were the ones with one of them and they were constantly on the phone "checking on" each other.)
    We trust each other, so therefore, don't feel the need to check up every 5 min.
    And we love each other.

I guess that's about it.
    It hasn't always been a smooth 19 years. But we did work on things when times were not always great.
    I have been very, very blessed with a very good man. He has his faults, but honestly, he's very patient, very trusting and secure and respectful and has always been my number one cheerleader. He's never tried to tear me down to make himself feel better. But he's also worked very hard to have a life much different than that of his parents who while married 62 years had a very untrustworthy, rocky relationship with constant fighting and sulking. And he knew he didn't want that.

Ours isn't perfect, but it works for us most of the time.

Thanks for bearing with me.

I decided to highlight Miss Gracie-kins as she hasn't had a lot of attention since the baby got adopted. I Gracie.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Spring is on the way! Just in the last few days the daffodils have erupted in a profusion of blooms. The trees are budding so its coming. The signs are there. :yeah

And the weather has been milder too.

I'm on vacation and I plan on relaxing.

MRD

I've been doing geneological research and found out that my grandmother's side of the family was very, very, very Irish. I never knew this before. My cousin sent me a family tree that goes back to 1636 in Ireland. The family didn't immigrate until just prior to the War between the states and then still married other Irish immigrants until my grandmother married someone of Welsh and English descent. It has been interesting finding all this out.

So I never knew that there was so much Irish background on that side of the family before.

So this year, I get to say before St. Patrick's Day, that I'm happy to be part Irish for real this time.

MRD

Tuesday, March 11 is Rosie's 11th birthday, so am giving her some avatar time for her birthday.

Happy Birthday to Rosie in Gucci...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread