+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

Re: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2779054;
    Little Lexi got warm and needed to cool her pink tummy. She loves tummy kisses

Is this a DCP?
    Thats the DCP alright.

Getting Phil ready for Groundhog Day!

Found one of Dean Martin from the 1940s
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Loving the new avatar, Gabriel. Dean looks especially handsome in that shot.

gabriel: Handsome as ever.....Dean Martin too!

Unk: I think the poor groundhog is pretty cold today!

myrosiedog: I see you've got Valentines on your mind!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2780477;
    gabriel: Handsome as ever.....Dean Martin too!

Unk: I think the poor groundhog is pretty cold today!

myrosiedog: I see you've got Valentines on your mind!
    Yes, and I'm probably the ONLY one in this house that is aware its coming up.

We usually dont' do a lot other than cards on Valentine's. Our anniversary is 2 weeks after Valentine's so we usually wait and do something then.
    My daughter was showing me something she wanted for Valentine's day this year and I said: "ha! You have a boyfriend now, it's his responsibility, I'm done." She was not happy about that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2781956;
    ...My daughter was showing me something she wanted for Valentine's day this year and I said: "ha! You have a boyfriend now, it's his responsibility, I'm done." She was not happy about that.
    Well, duh! That is what they are for! (just kidding). When I was younger I would never have thought that my parents would get me anything for valentines! It's a couples celebratory thingy, isn't it?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2782422;
    Well, duh! That is what they are for! (just kidding). When I was younger I would never have thought that my parents would get me anything for valentines! It's a couples celebratory thingy, isn't it?
    Well, I think its gotten to be another holiday where everyone gets everyone something.
    But I can remember in school giving out valentine's to everyone. We usually had Valentines decorations in the classroom and a small party and got to give out our Valentine's cards, but at home, nothing.

And my daughter did the same thing in school when she was little. We don't do much for her. I usually make cards and we give each other candy or small stuffed animals, nothing expensive and I fix a nice dinner and that's about it.

But since we got married, we've never done much for each other because our wedding anniversary is 2 weeks later, and we'd prefer to go out then or do something else special.
    I think the last Valentine's day I got flowers was the one just before I got married, so that would be 19 years ago.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2782899;
    Well, I think its gotten to be another holiday where everyone gets everyone something.
    But I can remember in school giving out valentine's to everyone. We usually had Valentines decorations in the classroom and a small party and got to give out our Valentine's cards, but at home, nothing.
    I remember that, we had to go out and buy a box of really cheap cards and sign them all from XXXXX and pass them out. talk about a waste of money, time andd paper. I would throw out what I got as soon as I got home.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2782899;
    But I can remember in school giving out valentine's to everyone. We usually had Valentines decorations in the classroom and a small party and got to give out our Valentine's cards, but at home, nothing....But since we got married, we've never done much for each other because our wedding anniversary is 2 weeks later, and we'd prefer to go out then or do something else special. I think the last Valentine's day I got flowers was the one just before I got married, so that would be 19 years ago.
    That's nice that you celebrate your wedding anniversary instead!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    ..I remember that, we had to go out and buy a box of really cheap cards and sign them all from XXXXX and pass them out. talk about a waste of money, time andd paper. I would throw out what I got as soon as I got home.
    I only remember making Valentines for our mom's in school in elementary. And in grade 2, we all had to bring in an empty tissue box all decorated with a hole in the top. Everyone had to bring in those small little valentines you could buy back then and secretly put them in the boxes of your friends or someone you wanted to be your valentine.

I was crowned Valentine Queen and got a cardboard crown covered in foil. I was shocked! I won because there was this awful boy named Perry, who had a big crush on me and stuffed my box full of valentines. I really hated him. He was mean. I lost my crown during recess because it was really windy and the bell rang and we couldn't get it back. He sat behind me and tried to kiss me and I got mad. The teacher thought I caused the disturbance and made me move my desk to the back corner. It was horrifying! Everyone knew it was Perry who was the bad one, not me.

gabriel: Did you throw away your valentines because they were from girls?

+ Reply to Thread