+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

The short version is my son (2 years old) has been in love with coffee for 1 year.

The long story is that he is completely fixated with coffee. Percolator, espresso, instant, capuccino, latte, you name...He loves to prepare it, smell it, look at it, but he's not interested in trying it (which is a good thing). He'll even make up songs about it (coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee...you get the picture). At home, we call it the c-word.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2197090;
    The short version is my son (2 years old) has been in love with coffee for 1 year.

The long story is that he is completely fixated with coffee. Percolator, espresso, instant, capuccino, latte, you name...He loves to prepare it, smell it, look at it, but he's not interested in trying it (which is a good thing). He'll even make up songs about it (coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee...you get the picture). At home, we call it the c-word.
    How funny DesertRose....2 years old is such a fun (and challenging age!)....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2197090;

Oh he's like me! I remember when I was a young boy around 5 my Mom would always take me with her when I wasn't in school to her friends homes (well actually most of them had friends I played with)and I always had to have a cup of coffee before I went out to play. Another very nice memory is one of summer mornings getting up very early because for a while my father worked 3rd shift and I would wait for him to come home and I would finish the coffee from his thermos, it was always just the right temperature.
    Last edited by just1paul; 01-06-2007 at 07:02 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2197099;
    Oh he's like me! I remember when I was a young boy around 5 my Mom would always take me with her when I wasn't in school to her friends homes (well actually most of them had friends I played with)and I always had to have a cup of coffee before I went out to play. Another very nice memory is one of summer mornings getting up very early because for a while my father wothked 3rd shift and I would wait for him to come home and I would finish the coffee from his thermos, it was always just the right temperature.
    I can just picture it Gabriel. I bet they are nice memories. I just hope mine does not end up wanting to drink it for a long long time. He's already bouncing off the walls. I just wish he'd play with cars like all the boys his own age. I mean it's a lot easier bringing cars to other people's place than bringing the cappucino machine

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2197103;
    I can just picture it Gabriel. I bet they are nice memories. I just hope mine does not end up wanting to drink it for a long long time. He's already bouncing off the walls. I just wish he'd play with cars like all the boys his own age. I mean it's a lot easier bringing cars to other people's place than bringing the cappucino machine
    Oh I would bounce off the walls also, but I was limited to one cup and then it was only two or three times a week. And yes the coffee from the thermos being just that right temperature and having been in it for 8 -9 hours "blending" I still smile as I look through my "rose colored" glasses at those days. Oh please you have me laughing trying to picture a cappucino machine being lugged around.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I finally got my pictures on my computer. I'm one proud grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2197158;
    I finally got my pictures on my computer. I'm one proud grandma.
    Congrats catmom3.

Ukrainian Xmas is almost over.
    Waiting the arrival of my sweeetie. He's driving up to spend some quality time together
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2198076;
    Ukrainian Xmas is almost over.
    Waiting the arrival of my sweeetie. He's driving up to spend some quality time together
    I just noticed it's a white cat in the dogs arms. I thought it was just the dog's fur. Too cute. Have lots of cuddle time with your sweetie. Is he from Calgary or further south?
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2198440;
    I just noticed it's a white cat in the dogs arms. I thought it was just the dog's fur. Too cute. Have lots of cuddle time with your sweetie. Is he from Calgary or further south?
    Thanks, we're having lots of fun! Yes, he's from cowtown
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread