+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

Originally this was a picture of the moon that I made with a really bad digital camera....then I made some changes in Paint Shop Pro--I kind of liked it but will probably change it when I have time to do-over.

Another Buffy one...it's from "Normal Again" when Buffy has delusions that she's actually in a mental hospital.

My favorite Mucha painting. We'll see how long she lasts...I'm feeling sort of Waterhouse today...
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Quote Originally Posted by Mdrio9
    Another Buffy one...it's from "Normal Again" when Buffy has delusions that she's actually in a mental hospital.
    Oh, good episode
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    My favorite Mucha painting. We'll see how long she lasts...I'm feeling sort of Waterhouse today...
    Oh, spegs! I love Mucha . . .
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    Gonna echo chiro here. You have great taste, speggy. Alphonse Mucha really appeals to the girly-girl inside me. Waterhouse is cool, too - my favourite among his paintings is the one of Hylas with the Naiads (or is that Nereids? Dryaids?? :dontknow)

I *heart* all Art Nouveau and pre-Raphaelite artists. Gustav Klimt is still my daddy, though.

Oh, and my avatar is still the old one from that Yoshitaka Amano illustration.

I had to get Foggy a tattoo for the playoffs to support my 2nd favorite team, the Tennessee Titans.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    my favourite among his paintings is the one of Hylas with the Naiads (or is that Nereids? Dryaids?? :dontknow)
    Anywhere I can see that? Hylas is an uncommon name.

FORT Fogey
    Haha, I last posted in here the last time I changed my av, which was a long time ago, May! Haha, well I've had 2 different ones, but they've all been of Dave...imagine that, 3 Dave av's.

I changed mine finally! Go me! I have to thank Rab for makin it though, he always does such nice jobs with them. Anyway, I choose this av because I think he looks hot in the pic. Tribal Council pics always seem to be pretty good. Besides, I've been on a Silas kick lately. Anyway, I bet not too many people like it, but oh well, I do and he's hot. That's why I choose it.

Because it rules.

Also, because just yesterday I learned that avatars and smilies here move. I had no idea. It's the coolest thing ever, and I don't know why it just started happening. You people have no idea how happy it makes me.

+ Reply to Thread