+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

Ok, I need help (in more ways then one but this problem can be solved) Can someone help me find a Christmas or Winter Hobbes? I've been looking for one, found one that was too big and I'm not sure if it would work anyway. I'm not sure how to do these darn pixels anyway. So, if anyone out there could help me that would be great.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

See my avatar, that's actually my real life pic.

Well I found one that would work, But I kept getting a message that it wasn't working when I updated it. No idea why. but for Christmas, I have a tiny little Calvin and Hobbes sledding from a site I think was called 3D Calvin.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I'm helping, unofficially, of course, to promote MTV Asia Awards to an international event. Hopefully, one day...

Quote Originally Posted by octobergirl
    Lucy, that is funny. All month I've been thinking you have the same calendar as I have and that you took a picture of it for your avatar.
    For some reason that made me laugh out loud.
    Hepcat, I could be happy with one cherub, but I don't know how to cut it down. If you have any tips, please pass them along.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    A question from a fellow member about my avatar brought it to my attention that it is too small to see the details. Thus, my avatar could mistakenly be thought to merely show sweet cherubs. It was not meant to be sweet, it was meant to be a bit subversive; my cherubs have a beer in their hands and are smoking. Sorry it's too small to really see this. If anyone knows how to make it bigger, please tell me.

Does it say something bad about my character that I noticed the cigarettes and beer right away?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Does it say something bad about my character that I noticed the cigarettes and beer right away?

Lucy, I never noticed. It went right over my head. I aways thought it was just one of those cutesy little cherub pics.

I like it!
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Of course not! (because if it did, what would it say about my character that I picked that as my avatar? Oh, right. It would probably say accurate things. )
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Sorry to take so long to get back to you Lucy. You just open your image in an art program (photoshop, irfan, one of those) and crop the picture. It would work best if you started with a big image, cropped it, then resized it not to exceed 125 pixels in height or width.

But now that you pointed it out I see the naughty cherubs just fine. You might just want to leave it untouched and subtle.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I used the French national team's football (soccer) jersey. Looking forward to Euro 2004!
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

+ Reply to Thread