+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by luv4stephen
    Thank you, Paulie for the compliment on little Emma!
    I'm a sucker for cute little kids. Looks like Emma has a top-knot going on. I'm going to take this opportunity and brag that I put my 5-year-old daughter's hair in a top-knot before school yesterday, and it actually looked pretty good. When she asked for one, I was afraid I was going to make her look like some sort of face-lifted, hair-slicked-back harpy with watering eyes. Whew!

And, hey, mac2K, I dig your av. Stewie is hysterical!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

After a few miscues and shocking av's that were up for mere moments.... I settled on this.
    He's the fathe of Deconstruction, you know him, you Love him.... The living legend, Jacques Derrida, creator of the concept of 'Différance'... "Difference is not an identity; nor is it the difference between two identities. Difference is difference deferred (in French the same verb (différer) means both ‘to differ’ and ‘to defer’)."
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

At first I thought you said Deliverance, and I was like, "that's guy who came up with Deliverance?" How sad for him, but then I saw you didn't mean that odd, odd, odd redneck movie, and I was like "Oh, ok. Good."

I could hear Jai saying something like that! Jai's the guy that everyone likes!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I'm back to the Roob.

My man Kyan needs no explanation.....he is absolutely gorgeous! When I saw the first episode of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and I saw the intro, and it said "Grooming" and then showed Kyan, it was love at first sight, and that was way before I saw him in disposable undies!

Kyan

I have just made a 'slight' modification.
    It is now the 'glowing derrida'

I decided not to let it glow TOO fast, as it might cause seizures if i did.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    I'm a sucker for cute little kids. Looks like Emma has a top-knot going on. I'm going to take this opportunity and brag that I put my 5-year-old daughter's hair in a top-knot before school yesterday, and it actually looked pretty good. When she asked for one, I was afraid I was going to make her look like some sort of face-lifted, hair-slicked-back harpy with watering eyes. Whew!
    She actually had a top twig! Not enough hair for the whole knot yet. My sweet hubby hates when I put her hair up and tells me that I ought not be doing that to her!

Now I have seen girls (actually I think I've been guilty of doing this to Kristian also) who have their ponytails so tight they look like Joan Rivers.

The nail polish bottle got a little old, the Satine avatar I had for 15 minutes wasn't it, and so I settled on a wine glass. A little plain maybe, but I like it.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    <----- Denise Richards because she has tamed Charlie Sheen.... for now at least

+ Reply to Thread