+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    It looks like its a golden apple. Delicious? I won't try biting that apple.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayla
    I've changed my av to another creepy Christina Ricci pic. I like her photos. She often looks the way I feel.
    Christina's a looker.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    It looks like its a golden apple. Delicious? I won't try biting that apple.
    You might enjoy Uncle Phil then. He's the only red apple in our family.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

I need to get out more bloonman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayla
    I've changed my av to another creepy Christina Ricci pic. I like her photos. She often looks the way I feel.

Hi, Shayla

I like your Christina avs--Snow's Monica ones, too! I guess I'll stick with mine, but maybe I'll get adventurous one day and and change to a balloon one.

"I have abandoned my search for truth, and am now looking for a good fantasy." ~ Ashleigh Brilliant

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Hey Paulie, to save me from going through the 63 pages of this thread, is that you in your av? If so, you look just like James Spader. Now, if it's James Spader, I look like an idiot.

That is James Spader in my av, Marybeth, but you don't have to feel like an idiot. It's a leftover from last Halloween when we all changed avs to the celebrities we look the most like. I've been rotating Spader avs ever since.

Shayla, your current Christina Ricci av is much nicer than the previous one. Good choice!

And dvm: !!!!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I always think that picture is Paulie too because it's not as professional as most pictures are. It could have been taken from a standard camera.

What are you saying about my picture-taking ability, Miss F?

Maybe I'll try to pose in exactly the same way and have my wife take a picture of me like that. Then I'll switch my av at random between the two shots, and you'll never know which one is me. "Hey, is that Paulie or Spader? Shoot, I can't tell."
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Does everyone have a celebrity they think they most look like? Because I would have no idea re: myself.

Paulie - did people tell you that you looked like Spader, or was that something you thought of yourself?
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Shazzer, you'll have to think about it, because we'll probably do it again this Halloween...

+ Reply to Thread