+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: How/Why did you choose your avatar?

Hazy, why does your brother look like Vin Diesel? in the pic i mean
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

I jinxed the Ducks. Blame it on me!

Great job Ducks... great run! Thank you for ensuring that the Red Wings didn't win the Cup this year. I can live with the Devils.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by KylieGrant
    Your wish is my command.

Let's hope this works!!!!!!!
    Hopefully this works so you can change it and I won't have to get grouchy every time I see your posts...

Jinkies, spegs. I love your new av! You look so familiar to me, and I can't figure out why. It's killing me!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Yes, I'm finally coming out of the closet with my av--I had so much fun seeing what all my online friends look like, that I decided to copy firegirl and Anna and bare my face to the world. I'm not melodramatic.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Originally posted by Paulie
    You look so familiar to me, and I can't figure out why.
    I get that all the time. I figure there are two options--either I have a really generic face, or my doppleganger is getting around.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Well, count me among the number who are delighted to see you. You look so much better than that Bob character.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Originally posted by spegs
    I get that all the time. I figure there are two options--either I have a really generic face, or my doppleganger is getting around.
    No, I'll get it eventually. I'm pretty good about dredging up the match in my head.

Example: I was watching my wife play volleyball in a city league game several years ago. One of her opponents was someone I thought looked familiar. By the end of the match, it clicked in that we were in 9th grade together way back in Cody, Wyoming. I had not seen this woman for probably 11 years. When I approached her and said her name, she stared at me for a while before she pieced together who I was and why my name did (or didn't ) sound familiar.

*aghast* sher's gonna get you for that one, buddy! (the bob remark, that is)

I can handle Sher. I'm sure she won't hold my preference for attractive women against me.

+ Reply to Thread