+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dream

~*Perfect Princess*~ Blazingorchidlv's Avatar

My dream

I had a weird dream and was wondering if anyone can help me decipher it. Let me give u a lil back story before I go into the dream. I have known this guy online for 4 years. Lately it has become a pretty intense relationship. We talk on the phone, everything. He is coming to town in December and we are planning on meeting. But I recently had a dream that I was at his house. (He is a computer network consultant for a HUGE company) And I was at his house...and he was a complete nerd...He had cut off shorts on his socks all the way to his knees.He was wearing big urkel glasses...and he...was...deformed. His hand was all crumpled up...and there were just a lot of other things wrong with him. And he didn't look...like...how I KNOW he looks...It was like...it was him in the dream. But it wasnt really HIM! And he was in a computer chair and going back and forth and doing all sorts of things with the computer. I don't remember the conversation between the two of us...if there even was one. And I am having a hard time understanding it. I really like this guy. He is also 11 years older than I am. I am only 20 right now. I hope someone can help me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazingorchidlv
    I had a weird dream and was wondering if anyone can help me decipher it. Let me give u a lil back story before I go into the dream. I have known this guy online for 4 years. Lately it has become a pretty intense relationship. We talk on the phone, everything. He is coming to town in December and we are planning on meeting. But I recently had a dream that I was at his house. (He is a computer network consultant for a HUGE company) And I was at his house...and he was a complete nerd...He had cut off shorts on his socks all the way to his knees.He was wearing big urkel glasses...and he...was...deformed. His hand was all crumpled up...and there were just a lot of other things wrong with him. And he didn't look...like...how I KNOW he looks...It was like...it was him in the dream. But it wasnt really HIM! And he was in a computer chair and going back and forth and doing all sorts of things with the computer. I don't remember the conversation between the two of us...if there even was one. And I am having a hard time understanding it. I really like this guy. He is also 11 years older than I am. I am only 20 right now. I hope someone can help me!!!
    I'm not a dream analyst, but here's my take. You're scared. As much as you like this guy, you still have questions about him. You have done much with him, with the exception of spend time (real life time) with him, and quite frankly, you know that things may not be as they seem.

The internet is a funny thing, and I have seen all sorts of Internet romances blossom since I've started being on line in '94. Even if they are honest, they are not totally themselves.

But let me ask you this: what if he is exactly like that dream? Would that change things between you two? Even if all the words are true, and your dream is too, what then? I can tell you about some early experiences I had on usenet which freaked me out where a woman told me one thing, and the truth was much farther from reality. She claimed to be 26 single and unattached, when in reality she was 35, married with two children that she was thinking about abandoning. And I only found out when her husband called me!!

I would ultimately take the dream as a wake up call. Maybe everything is ok and you can put your mind at ease, but maybe not. Its up to you to find out.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    I'm not a dream analyst, but here's my take. You're scared. As much as you like this guy, you still have questions about him. You have done much with him, with the exception of spend time (real life time) with him, and quite frankly, you know that things may not be as they seem.

The internet is a funny thing, and I have seen all sorts of Internet romances blossom since I've started being on line in '94. Even if they are honest, they are not totally themselves.

But let me ask you this: what if he is exactly like that dream? Would that change things between you two? Even if all the words are true, and your dream is too, what then? I can tell you about some early experiences I had on usenet which freaked me out where a woman told me one thing, and the truth was much farther from reality. She claimed to be 26 single and unattached, when in reality she was 35, married with two children that she was thinking about abandoning. And I only found out when her husband called me!!

I would ultimately take the dream as a wake up call. Maybe everything is ok and you can put your mind at ease, but maybe not. Its up to you to find out.

Well one thing I see I left out from my dream is...I didn't seem...like...unattracted to him because of it. It didnt seem to really...affect me in the dream. You know what I mean? I seemed unnoticed to it really.

Well one thing I see I left out from my dream is...I didn't seem...like...unattracted to him because of it. It didnt seem to really...affect me in the dream. You know what I mean? I seemed unnoticed to it really.
    Trust me, its not a bad thing at all.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Trust me, its not a bad thing at all.
    Yeah I know its not...BAD. I really was thinking it just showed my fears...that not everything can be as it seems. And not to get my hopes up that were gonna completely and totally click in person ya know? People are different.

Yeah I know its not...BAD. I really was thinking it just showed my fears...that not everything can be as it seems. And not to get my hopes up that were gonna completely and totally click in person ya know? People are different.
    Can I tell you something personal? I met my wife on the Internet. It can be both warm and enveloping and very scary at the same time. Thats the allure of Internet romances, but like any other romance, it takes time, to see someone from all sides and all ways.

The meeting is always scary... ALWAYS. Your better off, just relaxing and taking things as they come. and then It'll all be good. Keep an open mind and an open heart... If you wanna know anything else, PM me.

Can I tell you something personal? I met my wife on the Internet. It can be both warm and enveloping and very scary at the same time. Thats the allure of Internet romances, but like any other romance, it takes time, to see someone from all sides and all ways.

The meeting is always scary... ALWAYS. Your better off, just relaxing and taking things as they come. and then It'll all be good. Keep an open mind and an open heart... If you wanna know anything else, PM me.
    Thanks! I am glad to see things will work out. The main thing that I am worried about is age...hes 11 years older than me.

Thanks! I am glad to see things will work out. The main thing that I am worried about is age...hes 11 years older than me.
    Age means little really. Its all about honesty and committment. without that, even people born on the same day will never get things worked out.

Age means little really. Its all about honesty and committment. without that, even people born on the same day will never get things worked out.
    That is true. And honestly him and I are on the same level...im mature for my age...hes kinda immature lol so it evens out.

That is true. And honestly him and I are on the same level...im mature for my age...hes kinda immature lol so it evens out.
    Thats the important thing. really

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast