+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Crush Central: Pining Away

Grant, you are an educated and VERY pretty girl with a great smile!!! So what's up with you? I wouldn't mind being in your position. You probably have these guys probably following you like puppies. Sweetie, open yourself up to a relationship. You deserve to be in one where he (singular ) can be good to you! Don't stress the word relationship. If you feel that you are trying too hard, then that might be what is turning you off. Don't try so hard to please everyone and relax a bit. Your next relationship doesn't have to lead to marriage either, so enjoy the smooth sailing and learn from the rough waters. Just MHO.

aw, eldee-- you're so nice

I'm not complaining-- it's great-- and something I've never really experienced before and have no idea what to do with myself. I usually am so flattered by a guy's attention that I follow it and see where it goes...often forgetting that I have a choice in the matter. I'm curious, too-- so I usually give it a try... but for the first time ever, it seems to be getting out of control...or I do. I don't know myself or what (or who. LOL) I will or will not do. I'm just trying to be smart about things because I've been suprising myself with spontaneous un-me behavior...good and stupid, that's all.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by grantaire02
    aw, eldee-- you're so nice

I'm not complaining-- it's great-- and something I've never really experienced before and have no idea what to do with myself. I usually am so flattered by a guy's attention that I follow it and see where it goes...often forgetting that I have a choice in the matter. I'm curious, too-- so I usually give it a try... but for the first time ever, it seems to be getting out of control...or I do. I don't know myself or what (or who. LOL) I will or will not do. I'm just trying to be smart about things because I've been suprising myself with spontaneous un-me behavior...good and stupid, that's all.
    You sound like me, only with girls of course. I have a weakness for attention from the opposite gender. I try to do anything I can so that girls will think I'm attractive, but if course it usually backfires on me. If a girl pays attention to me, I start thinking "hey, she likes me" and I usually end up ruining it by making that mistake.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    There you have it, my screwed up love life.
    Hey, LC. I'm sorry you've had so many bummer experiences, but they all help down the road when you have a good relationship. I think so, anyway. And I'm sure someone who's as nice and has as much on the ball as you has much more to look forward to. You won't be talking about bad relationships forever, I'm sure of it.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Lord, it sucks! I hate that I just like all these guys and nothing comes out of it.
    Paulie's right, hang in there, Li'l Cutie! (Ever see that kitten poster?) I remember having the biggest, longest crush on a guy who was on my swim team. He was a year older and it broke my heart when he started dating another girl on the team. I had to see them everywhere, cuddling up at meets and such. Somehow I got the idea that because I had the crush for so long that meant it must be love.

I had forgotten all about this guy but one summer when I was home from college I ran into him. He was bagging groceries (nothing wrong with that) but he had turned into this shaggy unshaven guy with red eyes. It just sort of rammed home that I didn't know this guy at all - I was too shy to talk to him at first and later, he had a girlfriend and I just watched them from afar. All that crushy stuff was just in my head and I didn't feel a twinge when I saw him years later.

The guy I did date seriously in high school...well, let's just say I'm glad I'm not with him still. You will meet a much greater variety of people in college - don't give up because you didn't meet anyone in your hometown.

Search out the guys who like Survivor. I bet you'll find someone like Dave...
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Somehow I got the idea that because I had the crush for so long that meant it must be love.

The guy I did date seriously in high school...well, let's just say I'm glad I'm not with him still. You will meet a much greater variety of people in college - don't give up because you didn't meet anyone in your hometown.

Search out the guys who like Survivor. I bet you'll find someone like Dave...
    Awww thanks so much hepcat! You're so sweet, and Paulie, of course you know I think you're sweet too.

Yeah, hepcat, it's definitely like that. 4 years and counting with Brandon, I definitely feel like I love him, seriously. It's been such a long time, but honestly I care the world about him. It's extremely frustrating that he can't feel the same way about me since we have so much in common.

And I loved your Dave comment! Hehehe! Yeah, if I would find someone like Dave...

Get this, you know how Dave's name is Dave Johnson? Well, my student advisor person's name is Dave Johnson, too he's cool, but not hot. Oh well, one out of two Dave Johnson's being hot isn't too bad

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Oh lil_cutie, don't give up on love.

I try to give advice on love/crushes but when I think about my own life, it's quite ironic. I tend to try to console people or pair them up nicely. However, I constantly push guys away. I'm too afraid to be in a relationship after seeing many other relationships out there fail. I'm not really a cynic. I'm a total hopeless romantic but I'm so shy. I will reach to the point when the guy wants us to be official, then I'll say "I like you but no." I can't stand being in a relationship, knowing it's short-lived. I don't think I'm ready for heartbreaks.

grantaire, I'm like you. I want to be that attractive girl but when I'm in the limelight, I'll run back in my shadows.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    All these good girls looking for a good guy, and none of them live in my area. Bloody typical.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

How many good girls live in an orchard?

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    Hmm...gotta think about that one......

I don't think a boy has never liked me. I'm not all that good looking. And I'm probably the youngest on this forums (in regular posters). You've all had more experiences than me.
    Update on Matt: He's my friend now! (Umm..YAY!)
    I was in love with a difficult man.

+ Reply to Thread