+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Crush Central: Pining Away

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I tend to come off as flirty when I'm online. I'll hit on just about every girl I talk to in chatrooms.
    Whoa...have I been missing out on some flirting here?!?!?!?!?!

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by GrammarGoddess
    Whoa...have I been missing out on some flirting here?!?!?!?!?!
    Well, that depends. Do you WANT to miss it? Actually, I have been trying to behave myself (more or less), since like I said, it has gotten me into trouble before. Other times I don't even realize when I'm flirting with a girl.

Anyway, again, mrpayroll is the older version of myself. I'm the young, slightly bitter angry guy who's always stuck between depression and euphoria, and I don't really care either way.

Now to cover up for the awkwardness I usually feel when I'm around girls, what I used to do in high school was "fake ask" girls out. Like ask them out, and then when they said no (and they always did, mind), I'd just say "Oh, well I was just kidding. I didn't really mean it." And a lot of times I really WAS kidding.. I just wanted to see if anyone would go out with me.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    Well, good. I can see from your profile that you're quite young, and I didn't want to hurt any feelings. When I was your age, I was less than five feet tall. I grew a foot in two years when I turned 14, though. Finished up just shy of 6 feet tall. I don't really feel that tall, actually, so the notion of 5'8" being "tall" really tickled my funny bone.
    Actually, I'm pretty tall for my age. 5 feet 1 inch. Yeah, real tall...

Anyhoo-hoo-hoo, no offense taken. At least for now.....MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAAAA! Sorry, too much sugar for me...
    I was in love with a difficult man.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Well, that depends. Do you WANT to miss it? Actually, I have been trying to behave myself (more or less), since like I said, it has gotten me into trouble before. Other times I don't even realize when I'm flirting with a girl.

Anyway, again, mrpayroll is the older version of myself. I'm the young, slightly bitter angry guy who's always stuck between depression and euphoria, and I don't really care either way.

Now to cover up for the awkwardness I usually feel when I'm around girls, what I used to do in high school was "fake ask" girls out. Like ask them out, and then when they said no (and they always did, mind), I'd just say "Oh, well I was just kidding. I didn't really mean it." And a lot of times I really WAS kidding.. I just wanted to see if anyone would go out with me.
    Hey at least you had more courage than me in school. I NEVER asked anyone out, never went to my prom and my school years were very unmemorable. That's why when I went to my 10 & 20 year reunions I had very little to say to the people there and left by 9 pm both times. I only had 1 really close best friend and he didn't go to either one.

Chris

I didn't date until I was 19..I won "Best Looking" and "Best Smile" in my senior mock elections in high school-- but I never got a date...ever. When I was 15 my dad told me I just wasn't the type of girl boys like (thanks Dad)-- my mom told me I needed to learn how to be mysterious...and quiet. Still working on the last two, but now that I'm almost 23-- I don't seem to need to work on myteriousness and being quiet...I'm an open-book and I talk...and talk...and it doesn't seem to be cramping my style. I'll never stop traffic with my looks, but I do OK, you know?

Confidence, or at least the semblance of it, goes a long way.

It sucked to never date in high school or go to proms stag with my girlfriends all the time. It was fun, but once or twice it would've been nice to have a date.
    When I finally did go out with a guy in college-- my sophomore year-- he was all into me until I conceded I had never dated before. At which point he freaked-- as if he thought, "Geez. What the hell is wrong with you then?"
    Just circumstances, that's all.

Heh. grantaire, I think you look good and I'd go out with you (ah damn, there I go with the flirty thing again). Seriously, I would (Ok Romeo, that's enough).

Anyway, I went to both my proms, but one year I had no date and the other year I took my sister. I wasn't going to go to either, but my best friend talked me into going since he was. I never actually went on a date until I was 19.

My 10 year reunion is coming up next year, and I have zero interest in going. As far as I'm concerned, high school and most of the people in it never existed for me. That's a closed chapter in my life and I have no interest in re-opening it. Besides, I'm not going to show up dateless and be made fun of again.

FORT Fogey
    Ah, sounds like the perfect thread for me!

Alright, let's see. So my first crush had to be on my guy friend, Danny. What a cutie! I was looking at my kindergarten picture (class one) and he was really adorable. What happened? He's not that way anymore.

In 4th grade I liked Aaron, but then he moved away after the year ended so there went my crush. Plus, my friend told me that he wasn't so cute anymore either. I think maybe she told me that in 6th grade? I always wanted to know for myself but I never saw him.

In 5th-7th grade I liked this guy, Jason off and on. After I got over him we became pretty tight in 8th grade. I really liked talking to him. I wish he would've been around for Junior year, I would've asked him to the prom. But by then he'd moved away 6 hours north of my town

Ah, let's see. 9th grade began the start of a ton of crushes. I liked Danny again as well as my friend Mike, and this Junior, Chris. They all lasted about a week-2 weeks. Then I fell for HIM. Brandon. And our sort of friendship plummeted to the ocean floor when he found out I liked him. I tried to make him see that we could still be friends even if we wouldn't date but I never could. I was soooooooo shy around him. Hated it, but yes I was.

Let's just say that I still like him 4 years later. I'm going into Freshman year in COLLEGE and I still like him. We're still in the same town, but we're not going to the same college, so I'll never see him again. Quite depressing.

And also, I managed to like one of his best friends, Nate, twice. Once in Freshman year and then again in Junior year. *sigh*

And I liked Brandon's other best friend, Josh, from the summer going into sophomore year up till now. Grr...I'm not going to college with him either.

I also liked this guy, Chad, for a week. We were sort of friends and then we just lost touch.

And in Junior year I liked this guy, Kyle from driver's ed, yeah but he was hot! Also, a year behind me. I never thought I'd like a guy who wasn't at least in my grade. I got over him about a month after driver's ed ended, maybe. Maybe it was more like 3.

And here's the end of my crushes(who aren't celebs). Nick. I conveniently realized I liked him on the last day of high school. What the heck is that? See, I'm an idiot. Of course, he's a year behind me too, so it'll be easier to see him, I'll just have to stop on by his sports games and cheer him on but whatever.

The point is that I've never had any luck with any of my crushes. I've liked a lot of guys in my life. Rarely do I like just one guy, either.

Lord, it sucks! I hate that I just like all these guys and nothing comes out of it.

My only date in high school was to the prom with a guy I didn't even like who was antisocial and wouldn't hang with anyone. I wanted to dance, he wanted to hang with losers that I absolutely hated and thought of as the bottom of the ladder for social status. I was not spending my prom like that. Never even saw him at post prom. Heard he only went with me cuz he was a sophomore and it'd be the only way to go and that'd be cool. People thought it was hilarious that I went with him. I had to make it clear that I had no other options. The guys I wanted to go with were all taken already.

There you have it, my screwed up love life.

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    WOW....yeah..you had a lot more than me...
    I was in love with a difficult man.

Wow...will the madness end? Do I want it to?

A guy I've known for a few years (he was my acting teacher for a year in acting class in college)-- he had a bit of a harmless crush on me then...and he's a cool guy, a friend, and we've kept in touch-- he just moved out to L.A. and doesn't know anyone but his roommate. So we hung out and had a great time...but he really likes me likes me now. Which is flattering and great-- and it's the third time in as many weeks as people are creeping out of the woodwork and friends are coming on to me. It's great, it's so flattering...but I just don't know what I want and I don't know what to do with the attention...sometimes I go along with it because I don't know what I want, but it has gotten dangerous and stupid to do that...so now I've decided not to be quite so accomodating in these matters, until I have a better idea of what I want. I feel horrible that all these great guys like me...but I can't make them all happy...I know because I've tried to please everyone and it doesn't work out that way...I always wanted to be THAT girl, with all these guys-- and over the last six months, that IS me...and it isn't as wonderful as I thought it would be. It's heartbreaking, really. And maybe a bit exciting... but, hell, if you need any advice about getting out of awkward-as-hell situations without hurting someone else's feelings or your own ego-- contact me...I'm getting to be quite the expert.

Hugs!

*cancels the email I was going to send to grantaire02 about how I like her now too*

What's that old saying... "Be careful what you wish for, or you just might get it."

+ Reply to Thread