+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Crush Central: Pining Away

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Back in 95 or 96 I recall having a crush on someone I met on the internet. I was somewhere around 25,26, and the woman well, she said she was 27.

One thing led to another, (this was in the days on IRC when it didn't suck), and things got a bit hot and heavy. then she said she was 29. Ok, a small lie, but nothing big.

One day I get this call... It was her husband. he's been logging her IRC chats, and realised that I didn't know the real Story. She was 34, married with 2 kids and planning to have a secret affair.

After that, I admit, I went a bit cold on her... She decided to try to meet me anyway, but I refused...
    He should have dropped her like a hot potato, especially after she knew he knew!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    He should have dropped her like a hot potato, especially after she knew he knew!

Chris
    I don't like doing that. After all, REAL frieds are hard to find.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

I don't like doing that. After all, REAL frieds are hard to find.
    Well I was talking about the husband and it sounds like she was tired of the marriage and didn't care if it broke the family up.

Chris

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    To Paulie: No offense taken at all! In fact, the whole thing was written (by me) in a humorous way.
    I was in love with a difficult man.

Well, good. I can see from your profile that you're quite young, and I didn't want to hurt any feelings. When I was your age, I was less than five feet tall. I grew a foot in two years when I turned 14, though. Finished up just shy of 6 feet tall. I don't really feel that tall, actually, so the notion of 5'8" being "tall" really tickled my funny bone.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    Well I was talking about the husband and it sounds like she was tired of the marriage and didn't care if it broke the family up.

Chris
    Ultimately when she wouldn't take no for an answer, I stopped talking with her. I did hear that she eventually did what she said she was gonna do, but with another guy. At least I don't feel responsible abt it.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Ultimately when she wouldn't take no for an answer, I stopped talking with her. I did hear that she eventually did what she said she was gonna do, but with another guy. At least I don't feel responsible abt it.
    You did the right thing and now you are happily married. She probably married that other guy and did the same thing to him, again!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Skin Child
    To Paulie: No offense taken at all! In fact, the whole thing was written (by me) in a humorous way.
    Never lose your sense of humor in those times of pain and suffering, because that's when you become old and bitter.

Now myself, I'm old and bitter, but I still have my great sense of humor

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    Then last two weeks, I finally get to see why I am so attracted to him. I was talking to him when a friend of him butted in our conversation. He ignored his friend and continued talking to me. His friend then teased him by calling him "nose" to distract us.

At that moment, I glanced down to his nose and made the shocking discovery. His nose is alike Adrien Brody. Okay, well, I'm crazy about Adrien Brody. Thus my sub-conscious mind links Adrien to him. I'll stop now. This is embarassing.
    Ah, the travails of young love...Adrien would be so lucky to have you. And it's not entirely impossible, neither. Adrien is relatively young, relatively unattached (last that I heard, he was dating Nicole Kidman - "get away from him, you hussy!") - you just have to make sure to pursue a career that involves schmoozing with the stars. This isn't as difficult as it sounds - just move to L.A. and follow the beautiful people.

Or, if that sounds more like a long-term goal, I'm sure you could stick a big blown-up photo of Mr. Brody on the face of your present schoolmate, cut out a section for the nose (because your schoolmate doesn't need the enhancement...but he probably needs to breathe ), and start drooling away. What boy could resist a girl burning with love for him, even if the love is secondhand?

All through elementary/middle school, I'd crush on different guys, had a couple boyfriends but those relationships didn't last very long. Then, during the summer after 8th grade, I realized I'd really LIKED one guy since I was 3- my current boyfriend. I had met him when I was 3 through my brothers when we went surfing. Anyways...

I was never one for admitting that I like any guy at any time. But somehow I got up the nerve and I went over to his house, knocked on his door, and said "Hi, I like you. I have my whole life. Thought you should know," and ran away as fast as possible. I think I gave him the biggest shock of his life. But, what can I say, it must've worked because the next day when we went out to go surfing he (very uncomfortably, mind you) asked me out. Been dating him for the last 4 years.

Only thing it really taught me is to never let the moment pass you by - if you love somebody, tell them. Whether it ends up in returned love or complete humiliation, it's definitely worth it. IMHO anyway
    Last edited by caliqueen16; 08-12-2003 at 08:43 PM.
    *Lacey

+ Reply to Thread