+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Crush Central: Pining Away

I've had a few crushes through out the years,and most of them started out as a purely platonic friendship. I'm friends with a lot of guys. My most recent crush was on this guy who was probably the hottest guy in the class. He's also nice, smart, and funny. You can't help but love him.

He was one of my best friends in the class after my demise in this group I hung out with, too. But maybe that was because he sat next to me, and the person on his other side was one of those big, tough girls who beat people up for fun.

wow! this thread is really interesting now-- i was worried it wasn't going to go anywhere. this is great!

Clay Filmmaker Guy has not emailed me back since arly last week... granted, he is heading off for a long vacation abroad and elsewhere and has his own filmmaking junk to take care of...that and he is nearly 10 years my senior and probably a little frightened of me...it tends to bug me, though, when we have a nice little rapport going in person and over email...and then poof! nothing. meh. no real worries. plenty of other boys i got my eyes on...and plenty who have theirs on me...yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Skin Child
    He's tall too. 5'8". I love tall guys.
    This struck me as really funny. I hope you don't think I'm being mean.

On topic. Here's my story:

I had a crush on Audrey, the smartest girl in the class back in 5th grade. We were the two best students in the class, and I was just drawn to her intelligence. She was funny and sweet, and I knew I could learn to live with those hairy arms. I snuck her a note on the last day of class, asking if she wanted to "go with me." One day, about halfway through the summer, I got a phone call from Audrey, and she said she would go with me. I was elated! Couldn't wait for school to start so I could see her. When school started, she wouldn't talk to me and appeared to be very angry with me. I later found out that the person who called me was a former girlfriend, posing as my crush. I'd told her about my plan to leave a note with Audrey. She decided it would be fun to wreck my psyche, I guess. I never knew what she told Audrey. She moved away a few weeks into the school year. I didn't have another girlfriend until I was a junior in high school.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fan
    It was the spring of 1973, the Vietnam war which had been the driving force in our young lives was beginning to wind down. I was 23 a young Navy wife with a two year old daughter living in gloomy Norfolk, Virginia. My husband often invited some his single shipmates over to our place on the weekends for a homecooked meal, some televised sports, and just some down time away from the noisy, gray life on board ship.

One Saturday afternoon, in walked the new guy. He was 6ft 3 inches tall, beautiful beyond belief green eyes, dark hair, a killer smile, a warm personality, and a hysterical sense of humor. He had been warned that he was about to meet "Mother Theresa with ***s" (meaning large chest). He was an only child of elderly parents. His mother had taught him that if he wanted to be invited back, then he should be a good guest.

I was surprised when instead of joining the other guys in front of the tv while I cleared the table...he offered to help...(he definitely wanted to be invited back). We talked about his home in New Jersey, and he would tell me hilarious stories about his elderly parents and his upbringing. It was obvious that he was very close to his parents...he was a good son, a good sailor, and was becoming a good man.

There was an instant connection. It was an immediate friendship that grew into a deep caring...and we both knew it couldn't become anything more.

Three months later, we were transferred to sunny San Diego, he wrote...I wrote back, he wrote again...and I realized that I had to let him go. So one afternoon, I tore up his letters, laid down on my bed and cried my eyes out....I let him go for the good of all concerned. It was without a doubt one of the hardest things that I ever had to do...and one of the worst days of my life...but I never forgot him...nor he me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marysafan
    It was the spring of 1973, the Vietnam war which had been the driving force in our young lives was beginning to wind down. I was 23 a young Navy wife with a two year old daughter living in gloomy Norfolk, Virginia. My husband often invited some his single shipmates over to our place on the weekends for a homecooked meal, some televised sports, and just some down time away from the noisy, gray life on board ship.

One Saturday afternoon, in walked the new guy. He was 6ft 3 inches tall, beautiful beyond belief green eyes, dark hair, a killer smile, a warm personality, and a hysterical sense of humor. He had been warned that he was about to meet "Mother Theresa with ***s" (meaning large chest). He was an only child of elderly parents. His mother had taught him that if he wanted to be invited back, then he should be a good guest.

I was surprised when instead of joining the other guys in front of the tv while I cleared the table...he offered to help...(he definitely wanted to be invited back). We talked about his home in New Jersey, and he would tell me hilarious stories about his elderly parents and his upbringing. It was obvious that he was very close to his parents...he was a good son, a good sailor, and was becoming a good man.

There was an instant connection. It was an immediate friendship that grew into a deep caring...and we both knew it couldn't become anything more.

Three months later, we were transferred to sunny San Diego, he wrote...I wrote back, he wrote again...and I realized that I had to let him go. So one afternoon, I tore up his letters, laid down on my bed and cried my eyes out....I let him go for the good of all concerned. It was without a doubt one of the hardest things that I ever had to do...and one of the worst days of my life...but I never forgot him...nor he me.

Wow, sounds like that should be a 'Made for TV' movie!

Chris

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    This struck me as really funny. I hope you don't think I'm being mean.

On topic. Here's my story:

I had a crush on Audrey, the smartest girl in the class back in 5th grade. We were the two best students in the class, and I was just drawn to her intelligence. She was funny and sweet, and I knew I could learn to live with those hairy arms. I snuck her a note on the last day of class, asking if she wanted to "go with me." One day, about halfway through the summer, I got a phone call from Audrey, and she said she would go with me. I was elated! Couldn't wait for school to start so I could see her. When school started, she wouldn't talk to me and appeared to be very angry with me. I later found out that the person who called me was a former girlfriend, posing as my crush. I'd told her about my plan to leave a note with Audrey. She decided it would be fun to wreck my psyche, I guess. I never knew what she told Audrey. She moved away a few weeks into the school year. I didn't have another girlfriend until I was a junior in high school.
    Ouch. I hate to admit this, but I got scammed myself when I was first out of high school. I liked this one girl (the one I mentioned in my first post in this thread), but I knew she didn't like me. Anyway, one night shortly after graudation, I got a call out of the blue and it was from this girl. She said she was sorry about everything that had happened between us in high school and she wanted to talk about it. So stupid me, I agreed to meet her. So anyway, I got to the place in question and she was nowhere in sight. So I figured she was just late and I waited for a while. Well after a while, her boyfriend shows up and was not in a good mood. I said I was waiting for Emily, and he wasn't having any of it. I told him that she had called wanting to talk and he says "She's been with me all day, and I know she didn't call you." So we argued about it for a while and then eventually realized we had both been set up.

As it turned out, it was this other chick pretending to be Emily who had called and set me up. Then another guy called him pretending to be me and had said some not so nice things to him. So anyway, I apologized to him and left. I went back home and called the girl's mom and told her exactly what happened. Her mom said she'd take care of it. I only found all this out later because the guy involved was supposed to be the boyfriend's best friend, and he asked Aaron if anything happened with him and me (this guy wasn't so bright, obviously). He thought it would be funny if we got into a fight, and since he knew I liked Emily, he thought he could piss Aaron off into beating me up if he thought I was still chasing her.

I've never seen any of them to this day (not that I want to). That was 8 years ago, and I've never told that story to anyone. I still can't believe I was stupid and gullible enough to fall for that. The guy involved was someone we both thought we were cool with. I guess you never can trust some people.

Wow, I had almost forgotten about that too. Oops.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I've never seen any of them to this day (not that I want to). That was 8 years ago, and I've never told that story to anyone. I still can't believe I was stupid and gullible enough to fall for that. The guy involved was someone we both thought we were cool with. I guess you never can trust some people.

Wow, I had almost forgotten about that too. Oops.
    Sound like a couple of them were losers anyways. You were not stupid and gullible, you were just being a nice guy who maybe hoped that she wanted to talk to you about something else. At least you guys didn't get into a fight, that would have made it a lot worse.

You're still young, don't give up hope. One of these days something good will happen to you, at least that's what I keep telling myself

Chris

I never considered myself stupid for falling for Glenda's nasty trick. But it did shake my confidence. I know if that whole Audrey situation had turned out better, I'd have had more good experiences to draw from in junior high, and I might not have been so afraid about how girls would respond if I asked them out.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Back in 95 or 96 I recall having a crush on someone I met on the internet. I was somewhere around 25,26, and the woman well, she said she was 27.

One thing led to another, (this was in the days on IRC when it didn't suck), and things got a bit hot and heavy. then she said she was 29. Ok, a small lie, but nothing big.

One day I get this call... It was her husband. he's been logging her IRC chats, and realised that I didn't know the real Story. She was 34, married with 2 kids and planning to have a secret affair.

After that, I admit, I went a bit cold on her... She decided to try to meet me anyway, but I refused...
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread