+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs me/Couldn't care less

Princess
    OK - my dictionary doesn't have the word "flacid", but the word "flaccid" (= saggy, Jan... )...
    "I find it flacid, yet penetrating."
    Makes sense

4. Groceries- I get comments all the time, but I usually have an odd variety of things I'm buying. Once, the Krispy Kreme guy at the grocery store was restocking donuts, and GAVE me 3 dozen of the "old ones" (but they were 2 weeks from expiration. hehe)
    I think that would be an example of getting hit on!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Princess
    Miss F, right, but subtle.... I've had much more direct hits - like "would you like to go to .... with me" or touching my hand when giving the change back

Aren't men cute. :rolleyes (with the exception of the FORT men, natch!)

I had one guy in the middle of a conversation, a serious conversation at that, say to me, "What do you say we go get naked and let me do naughty things to you?"

It just came out of NOWHERE and he was totally serious.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Princess
    Miss F: Unbelievable....... hmmm not... still though..

Drinking from water bottles doesn't bother me. It's hot in Texas and it's almost a necessity to carry water bottles with you everwhere you go.

Sher and Miss F, I'm with you on grocery clerks trying to make chit-chat and commenting on your items. I've had the same experience as you Miss F about the Diet Coke. I buy it because I love the taste not because I want to diet. :rolleyes

Ok, three things... all dealing with driving.
    1) People who don't do the speed limit when the driving conditions are ideal....GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY!!!!!! I go to work along one road every day and 95% of the time I get stuck behind some sledtrack who is doing from 5 to 10 miles an hour under the limit on a dry, sunny road.
    2) people that speed up on the highway in the right hand lane when you try to pass them in the left lane, they either speed up before you get to them or right when you are beside them. I slow down just enough to slowly pass them and see how fast they will go before they give up. I got one lady that leeched on beside me one day up to 80 before she realised how fast she was going... didn't help that it was a snowy road . She hit the brakes real fast.
    3) People that hug the white line while driving, when I see that... I put my blazer just to my side of the line and pass, you should see them get away when that suv comes up RIGHT BESIDE THEM about 6 inches away from their door.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

So, just for future reference, Miss F, did that work?!?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It bugs me how people ask if they can "get" things at coffee houses etc.

"Can I get a coffee?"

Uggggghhhhhhh!!!!!

Do you mean "Can I have a coffee please"?

The belt thing annoys me too.
    I hate to see a guy in dress pants and a shirt and tie with no belt on.
    "That's Numberwang!"

uh oh fluff... the word CAN bugs the crap out of me... MAY I...... WILL you.......
    Kids at school ask me if they CAN go to the bathroom I tell them I sure hope so!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread