+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs me/Couldn't care less

Princess
    I swear some people want to see you at a dead stop so they drift as far to the right as possible OR (worse) just far enough that you don't feel 100% certain you're not going to peel your driver-side quarter panel off squeezing past them. Rrrrr...
    That's what I meant with passive agressive behaviour... grrrrr!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Excellent salmon post, Bill! As a waiter for a number of years, I would cringe when management wanted us to go overboard on descriptions of the food. I tried to only go into detail if I could tell I was waiting on a pretentious snob; they actually liked all the details!

Another pet peeve: people in restaurants that treat food servers like their own personal doormats. I think how a person treats service people (waiters, waitresses, flight atendants, etc.) says a lot about what kind of person they are.

I think how a person treats service people (waiters, waitresses, flight atendants, etc.) says a lot about what kind of person they are.
    Yes, I agree 100%. The same can be said (in my opinion) with how people treat animals..
    It does bug me though when a waitperson (?) ignores me or is rude. Especially because I go out of my way to be nice to them.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Wayner
    Another pet peeve: people in restaurants that treat food servers like their own personal doormats. I think how a person treats service people (waiters, waitresses, flight atendants, etc.) says a lot about what kind of person they are.
    I fully agree with you there Wayner.

I tend to have quite a few business meals, and I actually place a lot of stock as to how much I would trust that potential business partner on how well they treat those around them. I don't have much patience or respect for people who don't show common courtesy.

As in the case of my salmon expert, it was a bit annoying, but on the other hand, I could feel how sincere she was about this dish, and I gave her a lot of credit for that, and a good tip too...because well, it was probably the best salmon I've ever had

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Oh, and really obnoxious folks that act like they're experts at something when they aren't drive me nuts!

I was in the California wine country once with some friends doing some tasting. We were having fun, but there was a couple at one of the wineries that was exactly the kind folks I mentioned above. They were poo-pooing a lot of the wines they sampled, coming up with all sorts of bizarre terms to describe the wine, etc. Finally my friend got their attention. He said "Really, you don't like this wine?" "Well, no! I prefer a more precocious flavor. What do you think of it?" they asked. My friend swirled the wine in his glass, carefully placed his nose in the glass and sniffed. At last he took a sip and considered it thoughtfully. He looked at them seriously, and with a completely straight-faced expression he declared "I find it flacid, yet penetrating." We could barely contain our laughter as the color rose in the couple's cheeks, and they stormed out of the room.

Princess
    Another pet peeve: people in restaurants that treat food servers like their own personal doormats.
    Wayner - that's really another example of passive agressive behaviour. They are too afraid to confront ppl they really are angry with so they take it out on some innocent bystander who can't defend themselves in the given situation.

Thinking about it... there are some other things that really bugs me, altough I really don't want to, and I'm tryiing not to, and it's kind of silly to be bugged about it, but anyway:

Ppl who drink from water bottles while they walk (I mean, even if they stop to drink). I have no idea why - but it bugs the hell out of me!!
    Ppl who chew with their mouths open. (I know from experience that this is a cultural issue, so I've tried really hard to overcome this one: for example, when I was travelling in India, many Indians did this, and my "solution" was to do it too - and lo and behold, the food taste much better when you do. Still... it bugs me...)

Originally posted by Modesty
    Ppl who drink from water bottles while they walk (I mean, even if they stop to drink). I have no idea why - but it bugs the hell out of me!!
    It's gotta be that slurping sound those plastic bottles make.

Princess
    Nope. It works on distance too

Uh-oh Bravo, I drink from water bottles all the time... walking, driving, sitting on my butt doing nothing...
    It is funny to me to hear some of the things that I never even thought would bug people.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Uh-oh Bravo, I drink from water bottles all the time
    I think you meant Modesty Cali
    I too drink from water bottles all day long! I typically drink 128 + ounces a day.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread