+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs me/Couldn't care less

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I don't think its a hit on you thing to comment on the groceries, it may be a gender thing that they don't. Since I have kids I get similar comments to the diet coke thing when I'm shopping . You know 4 bags of chips, cookies, pdudding cups then salad stuff. I have had the whoa I don't think the salads gonna make up for all that junk food.... But yeah that bugs me.

I live near one of the busiest intersections in town, and to get home I have to wait through about 4 lights in the turn lane. Doesn't bother me a bit because I know its always like that.
    The fools who get upset and freak out make me laugh because everybody knows its like that...

I always wave!

Princess
    I agree, eny, about the food/item comment being a gender thing - it's usually female clerks that comment on what I buy.
    And that flushing thing - that must be a gender thing too Wayner!

It's interesting to read this thread, b/c we have a bit different take on what bugs us and what don't, and here we get an explanation as to why some ppl behave like they do.

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by ClaraBella
    What really bugs me is the recent trend of people saying "No problem," when you say "thank you." What ever happened to "you're welcome?"

Yikes! I say that all the time. To me, "no problem" let's them know that it was absolutely no trouble helping them. Your Welcome sounds too cold and unsincere. It's stock. But then again, I don't know jack!
    I don't mind a friend saying it, but when a person whose job it is to serve you (as in waiter, grocery store clerk, etc.) says it, I have to wonder ... why would it possibly even BE a problem to help me? I'm just admittedly very weird about that! But then again, this was a thread for stuff that bugs you that doesn't bother anyone else.

And, man, I sure am glad I'm a girl and don't have to use a urinal!!!! All that constant flushing noise!!!

I'm sure the multi-flush is a gender thing, Modesty. I can't imagine anyone would be excited to have multiple whirlpools going on underneath while you're trying to take care of business.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

1. I hate when someone won't make a right on red.
    2. Belt loops don't bother me at all. I think it looks nicer if a man is wearing a belt, but I am not at all bothered by the lack of.
    3. The wave- I also want the wave. Usually I get it, and make a point to give it.
    4. Groceries- I get comments all the time, but I usually have an odd variety of things I'm buying. Once, the Krispy Kreme guy at the grocery store was restocking donuts, and GAVE me 3 dozen of the "old ones" (but they were 2 weeks from expiration. hehe)

I was having dinner Monday night with a friend at a great place up the Columbia Gorge outside of Portland. Beautiful view, sunset, etc... you get the picture...

The waitress was friendly...perhaps too friendly. A couple of questions about the dinner specialties, and she launches into what was easily a 15 minute explaination of the make up of a salmon dish.

I mean it is good and all to know what the chef is doing in there, but once you get beyond the basic fish being cooked a certain way and surrounded by visually stimulating accompaniments, there really isn't much else to say....I mean this isn't the mid-east peace process.

But this well meaning person just kept going on...and on....and on.... who knew there was so much to learn? I kept expecting her to break out a PowerPoint presentation on the spawning of Columbia River salmon followed by the life of Sammy Salmon that led to his eventual arrival at Skamania Lodge, and by extension, my plate.

Further, once the meal arrived, she stood over us waiting for that acknowledgement that this was indeed the finest taste to ever grace my tongue...

As to the ongoing discussion of the multi-flush. I would suppose that practitioners of that ritual are looking for the running water stimulous....and I guess flushes are easier to do than carrying around a bowl of warm water to put your hand in. Just a guess though.

Bill
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Bill.... Salmon Power point presentation! HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Wonderful post sir
    Welcome to the Fort

Wayner The urinal visual...um thanks? This did have me laughing out loud though:
    I mean, is your urine going to have some bizarre catalystic reaction with someone else's pee and explode or something?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

meant to add.... Oops... I started a convo on the Metro the other day The people didn't have a book though, and talked back, it's not like I would have continued to talk if they gave me a weird look
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Princess
    I mean it is good and all to know what the chef is doing in there, but once you get beyond the basic fish being cooked a certain way and surrounded by visually stimulating accompaniments, there really isn't much else to say....I mean this isn't the mid-east peace process.

But this well meaning person just kept going on...and on....and on.... who knew there was so much to learn? I kept expecting her to break out a PowerPoint presentation on the spawning of Columbia River salmon followed by the life of Sammy Salmon that led to his eventual arrival at Skamania Lodge, and by extension, my plate.
    !!!

Re. the flushing.... I just recall hearing that in Japan, public toilets flush continously (at least in the booths - maybe they don't have anything else, never been there), since hearing the sound of someone else peeing is too embarrassing. Maybe this is the reason?

Outstanding post, Bill!

And, as an aside, I don't mind when people don't turn on red. BUT when I want to turn right and the guy in front of me is going straight, couldja please scoot over to the left part of your lane so I can get by you and be on my way? I swear some people want to see you at a dead stop so they drift as far to the right as possible OR (worse) just far enough that you don't feel 100% certain you're not going to peel your driver-side quarter panel off squeezing past them. Rrrrr...
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread