+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs me/Couldn't care less

LOL that was funny, Ilakai. Chief Bottle Washer. Hey that's MY Indian nickname!

ILI!!! welcome back!!!!
    Thanks and its great to be back, but boy it sure got busy in the three weeks I was offline!!! Glad to see all you pretty ladies are still here, don't know if I could put up with Paulie being depressed if you all left

Man, Ili, if they left, I'd have to seal all the windows and put my head in the stove so you wouldn't have to put up with my depression for long.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Well, now I can tell people I [i[have[/i] to stay on the computer all the time, I certainly wouldn't want to be responsible for Paulie offing himself.

My, my, that sounds like I think I'm all that and a bag of chips doesn't it... Didn't mean for it to come out that way
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Well, you know you are all that and a bag of chips, Cali...I mean, c'mon...you ARE The Moomy!

Princess
    Belt loops - nah, who cares??! I can't help they put those loops there, and I'm not going to ruin my pants/shorts/skirt by trying to remove them! (Admits to being sewingly(!) challenged))
    Waving thanks when someone lets you merge - nah, actually where I come from it is the law to let ppl in, so it would be like thanking someone for stopping for red light! But, that being said, some curteous behaviour when driving can't hurt, so I usually wave thanks, but if someone doesn't wave thanks to me I'm fine with that too.
    Not turning right when red light - that's OK, I guess - I mean, it's really up to the person driving to decide whether they want to risk their life or not. Who knows, they might see something that I don't.
    Clerks commenting on what you buy - yeah, that's really annoying, close to rude I think! (Except on a few occasions )

Talking about driving - what really bugs me is when ppl are passive agressive or plainly stupid - hard to tell sometimes: for example when they insist on driving slow in the left lanes, or when they refuse to let you merge smoothly, or what ppl here do a lot - arbitrarily change lanes right in front of you for no appearent reason, without using the turn signal, and when the road is virtually empty. Scary and dangerous!!

Another thing that bugs me too, talking about shopping groceries, is when the clerk tries to hit on you! I have had to change stores because of that.

i don't like idle chit chat and i don't really like to talk to ppl i don't know (wow... how in the hell did i end up on a message board?
    Sher - pls elaborate!!

Sleeping with George W
    What really bugs me is the recent trend of people saying "No problem," when you say "thank you." What ever happened to "you're welcome?"

(yes, I'm Type A and easily annoyed, not to mention incredibly old fashioned about some stuff!)

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    First, I'd like to point out that the clerks at grocery stores NEVER comment on my selections. In fact, if you notice from the posts, none of the guys here have that problem. It's just you ladies that are getting hit on. However, I am embarrassed to have my gender represented by idiots that think commenting on someone's grocery selection is an effective way to pick up women.

1. The wave. I'm fall on the side of the folks that want the wave. And if someone doesn't let me in, and I get in behind them, I always make sure to catch their eye in their rearview mirror, smile nicely, wave, and thank them for not letting me in. Drives most of 'em nuts!

2. Belt loops. I usually try to wear a belt if the loops are showing. Today I had a sweater on covering the loops, but it got hot in the office and I took it off, now the loops are exposed. I hope Surfer still respects me. Of course, I'm taking a huge leap that she ever respected me in the first place.

3. Guys that flush the urinal before, during, and after they use it. Do you really need the before and during flush? I mean, is your urine going to have some bizarre catalystic reaction with someone else's pee and explode or something? And is your bladder so huge that you'd overflow the urinal if you didn't flush in midstream? C'mon people!

4. People that hose down their driveway during a drought. (I'm seeing a water theme here.) Folks that water their yards while it is raining.

What really bugs me is the recent trend of people saying "No problem," when you say "thank you." What ever happened to "you're welcome?"

Yikes! I say that all the time. To me, "no problem" let's them know that it was absolutely no trouble helping them. Your Welcome sounds too cold and unsincere. It's stock. But then again, I don't know jack!

Wayner, your #3 is hilarious! I've thought the same thing. The multi-flushers also typically wind up being spitters, too, which I always find disgusting. Why do some folks have to spit every time they take a wiz?!?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread