+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: Bugs me/Couldn't care less

Originally posted by enygma
    Voice mail - People who won't leave messages and then bitch at you because you weren't home.
    I tried calling you
    Did you leave a message?
    No I don't like to
    Then F*#k off and die
    These are the people who I would not give my cell number to in a zillion years....
    Oh so true Eny...so true! But guess what...THEY STILL DON'T GET IT!!! AAAAAARGH!
    You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Voice mail - People who won't leave messages and then bitch at you because you weren't home.
    OMG Eny, you've met my parents?!!!! That one drives me nuts!!! And what's worse, I come home and find their number on our caller id 3 or 4 times!

Another thing that bugs me - why is it that the only people that drive around with their windows down and their car stereo blaring are the ones that listen to crappy music?!!!! NEVER does someone pull up next to me at a stop light with the windows down and a GOOD tune on - EVER!!!! It's like some weird genetic thing that makes them want to share their BAD taste in music with the world!

Originally posted by Mokka
    Here's another one: People who leave messages at my work voicemail and not leave any substance except to just call them back when I get in. Okay I get an average of 10 to 15 voicemails everyday, leave the details, your request, information you need...whatever... AND THEN MAYBE I'LL CALL YOU BACK. God they don't get it!!!

Of course personal phone calls excluded - those get top priority !
    This happens to me all the time. What is tough for me, is that I run a division here in town that has about 100 employees, and my boss, is a SVP with parent corp in NYC, so I deal with a three hour time difference. Nothing worse than coming in on a Monday and finding 10 voice mails from back east already on the phone.

I have learned to steer such calls to an email with an explaination or attachment. On the other hand, that leads to an average of 200 emails a day for work related stuff...

Oh well, at least I control the firewall, and can thus allow FORT traffic through
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Originally posted by Wayner
    Another thing that bugs me - why is it that the only people that drive around with their windows down and their car stereo blaring are the ones that listen to crappy music?!!!! NEVER does someone pull up next to me at a stop light with the windows down and a GOOD tune on - EVER!!!! It's like some weird genetic thing that makes them want to share their BAD taste in music with the world!
    So true!

The rains are arriving today in Portland, so at least now the windows will be up.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Wouldn't have stopped the woman next to me just now. Her windows were all up, and I could hear "Walking in Memphis" as clearly as if it were blaring out of my own stereo. Didn't notice if her ears were bleeding, but I'm sure they must have been.

At least it's a good song...
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

PKeeper
    "Walking in Memphis"

That's OK. Great Song. Actually most anything Marc Cohn is good listening IMO.

Princess
    Loud music in cars.... couldn't care less! .... except when it's 3am in the morning right outside my (open) bedroom window :mad:!!

agentcarver
    I don't like Tech Support. I MAKE SURE my questions are quick, and they aren't answered anywhere in the documentation. I know how to use computers. I do not think my cd-rom drive is a coffee cup holder, unlike some people. I should know, I did temp work in tech support, and there are some MORONS out there. Either way, whenever you call tech support:

Software company:
    "Call the Hardware company"

Hardware company:
    "Call the software company"

Me:
    "Call my lawyer"

+ Reply to Thread