+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Bugs me/Couldn't care less

In total agreement, surfer.
    I've gotten some creeepppyyy messages before.
    One guy once gave me this long spiel about how he was all alone in the office on such a nice day....*ahem and you can guess where the rest went* :rolleyes Not a turn on at all.

Originally posted by Wayner
    Bill! You brought me to another topic that bugs me! Why don't places just have small, medium, and large beverages anymore?

Yes! Excellent point.

I am reminded of an old Dennis Miller bit where he was complaining about Big Gulp's.

First there was the Big Gulp, then the Super Big Gulp, and then the Double Gulp...which I think is 64 oz of fluid. He used to say that was the "surface of the sun soda" because the only plausable reason to need 64oz of fluid is having just stepped off the surface of the sun.

Trust me, it's a lot better when he says it.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Princess
    OK - there is one thing that really bugs me on the size topic: "over sized" - and it's used as it was something positve!? To me, it sounds like "way way too large" - very negative!

(Oh - and Bill, you need to lurk around more... , there are only some 26,000 posts, but I promise I've mentioned it several times!
    OK... Sweden (that's why my English is a bit funny on occasion))

Originally posted by Modesty
    OK - there is one thing that really bugs me on the size topic: "over sized" - and it's used as it was something positve!? To me, it sounds like "way way too large" - very negative!

(Oh - and Bill, you need to lurk around more... , there are only some 26,000 posts, but I promise I've mentioned it several times!
    OK... Sweden (that's why my English is a bit funny on occasion))
    Properly chastised, Bill slinks back to the keyboard...

Actually I hadn't noticed anything funny about your English at all...that may be based upon my own illiteracy though.

I agree with you on the term "over sized"...or super sized, or biggie sized, et al.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Princess
    Kylie, Surfer - that sounds really creepy! Especially considering all horrible stories about kids being lured to meet someone they met in a chatroom and they end up killed or raped or at least the person they meet is not the one he pretended to be. Good you are grown up and smart girls!

I agree with you on the term "over sized"...or super sized, or biggie sized, et al.
    Great! I thought it was only me (language thing).

(I know that I make mistakes - in particular with prepositions, and some expressions (see the thread "Do you want to play a game" - rrrbbbittt ). Now that you know, you'll notice it all the time! )

Oh man I'm chasing back a few pages now that I have time to "properly" catch up since taking a week off for vacation.....

What really bugs me is the recent trend of people saying "No problem," when you say "thank you." What ever happened to "you're welcome?"
    I am completely guilty of this and actually we got a big lecture about it recently at one of our "inspirational" company meetings. I missed a couple of other posts in my copying but somebody hit it right on the head .... we were told never to say that because it would be inferring that our serving someone in fact WAS a problem to begin with, which of course is my job (to serve customers that is).

I know I do something else that I'm sure drives some of you insane....I have a horrible habit of calling people "hon" or "sweetie" (this one is normally reserved for children if they are being good). I know I know....people have told me before that it bothers them but it just comes out of my mouth before I can stop it.

Do I dare admit that I also watch what's in people's grocery baskets???? YIKES!! Normally though it's not to comment unless it's something I really like or to ask what they are using it for if it's something I'm unfamiliar with.

My couple of things that bug me are cell phone usage when someone is trying to talk to you (and in most cases for me it's when I'm trying to serve them at the deli or bakery counter and they are busy yakking away and won't listen and there's a line behind them)...and also when people point to things they want instead of saying them. Once again this one is from work since we have 24 feet of different lunch meats and they aren't the same from my side of the counter as they are in the front and they won't SAY what they want, my dear customers just point at it and say half pound or whatever. Please if you want the ham tell me ham cause it's next to a turkey and I'm not sure which one you are pointing at!!

What really bugs me is the hotmail spam I get.

Hi **** I'm Nicole and 13 and all alone. I'd REALLY like you to come over and keep me company.

Um yeah.. I'm a girl. :rolleyes
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Princess
    I know I do something else that I'm sure drives some of you insane....I have a horrible habit of calling people "hon" or "sweetie"
    Libra - this doesn't bother me a bit! On the contrary I find it quite endearing ..... IF it's a girl saying it!!

Hi **** I'm Nicole and 13 and all alone. I'd REALLY like you to come over and keep me company.
    Are you kidding (no pun intended)!?? That's pretty depressing, imo! (And btw, much worse than ppl not wearing belts when they have belt loops...)

Queen of all boards
    I have the sneaking feeling that some of you are bugged my the fact that I am bugged by unbelted beltloops..sorry, its a thing...we all have em, this one is mine.
    Life is a game, play hard.

I'm totally on board with you on the whole belt loop thing surfer.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread